The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 92 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#69035 - 06/18/06 03:39 AM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
People are so irresponsible. Good thing you're out there, chatty, doing what you do. St. Francis is very proud of you!

#69036 - 06/18/06 03:39 AM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
Bluebird Offline

My vote on chipping is nay...only because if it really catches on, people will be next.

#69037 - 06/18/06 03:42 AM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Okay you guys, does this chipping stuff have anything to do with the Chippendale dancers? If so, I'm all for it.

smile

#69038 - 06/18/06 03:43 AM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
Bluebird Offline

you wish!!

#69039 - 06/18/06 03:47 AM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
CanineDesign Offline

Loc: Missouri
OMG the cruelty of people never cease to amaze me!!

She's old, she's hot, and the most imortant thing is comfort for her. I say shave her but don't go to the skin unless you have to, I'd probably start with a 4 or 5 if you have to use a 7. If your going to shave her learn about wet shaving, it's awesome!! You can shave down a wet clean dog much faster than a dry dirty gritty one, and it keeps the blade cool so no clipper burn, and you can actually clip the hair longer than you would if you clipped before the bath. Though if she is bathed now and clean and her undercoat has been brushed out then you can just go ahead and shave before she gets dirty again.

#69040 - 06/18/06 03:47 AM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
SMILES...you're a girl after my own heart. Okay, Chatty...please explain to this partial blonde...what is chipping? Is that when a microchip is inserted that has pertinent data on it and details kept in a computer database?

If so, I'm not sure how I feel about it. I guess I would need more info on it to see what all is involved. And if I'm correct in what I think it is, I would have never thought of the "humans being next" thing....Whoa! Talk about big brother! But for a homeless animal, or one that's been mistreated...it COULD bring the culprit to justice...yes? Am I even on the right track?

Lastly, yes I've heard of that beautiful breed Chatty. How fortunate you are to have one in your home. Well, except for the size! ha! There goes the couch! ha! But I know you will be taking care of this poor dog like it was a baby.

JJ

#69041 - 06/18/06 03:57 AM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
CanineDesign Offline

bluebird I think your thinking of a gps thing. It's a microchip that is the size of a piece of rice, it is inserted just under the skin, it indentifies that pet by using a reader, it will tell who it belongs to. There is nothing wrong with it, it's a very smart thing to do, collars and tags can get lost and with a microchip the owners will be identified, what's wrong with that? It can save many pets from euthanasia in shelters and help lost pets find their homes. Microchipping humans is highly unlikely, we have fingerprints to tell who we are, that's good enough.

#69042 - 06/18/06 03:59 AM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
Bluebird Offline

Wish my family would kick me out and then chatty could take me in and feed me!! She's an awesome cook, I hear...

#69043 - 06/18/06 04:01 AM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
Bluebird Offline

Well the way I see it, if you lose your dog and are trying to find it, you would most likely find it at the closest shelter. Most people would not want someone else's dog and would bring it there, right? I guess I don't like the thought of anything artificial going into an animal.

#69044 - 06/18/06 04:07 AM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
CanineDesign Offline

You would, but what if it isn't there? Sometimes they hitch a ride and end up in the next county, state or across the country. Stitches, staples, pins, wire, plastic ect. are artificial and those things are used inside an animal and humans in surgery allllll the time. There isn't anything wrong with it, really.

Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved