The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 88 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#69025 - 06/17/06 02:12 AM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Canine, you have an African Grey? Yippee! Mine has her own blog. Very important, you know?

Her name is Sammie and just this morning I heard her having a new conversation. She likes to mimic my husband on his phone conversations. Today, "So, no interest, huh? Oh well." As you know, sometimes you have to step out of the room and just listen.

Where in the world did all these groomers come from? Welcome to all of you! I have an Italian Greyhound so there isn't much to groom. I do it myself.

#69026 - 06/17/06 02:13 AM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Oh, here is Sammie's blog:

http://sammiesueschwartz.blogspot.com/

#69027 - 06/17/06 03:54 AM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
CanineDesign Offline

Loc: Missouri
I saw Sammie's blog, very cute. My bird's name is Qena, I like native names so that's a name native to Africa, she is very sweet, in fact I call her my kitten in a feather suit. She says all kinds of things, she does do a heated conversation and she usually starts in with it if I'm breaking up my kids fighting lol. She also knows my dogs (I have 4) names and will say them when they go by her cage. I've recently gotten a Havanese and she hasn't learned her name yet, that's really cute but sometimes when she says a name of a dearly departed pet it makes me sad, I guess I could think she feels their spirit and that's comforting. I love Italian Grayhounds, in fact I was looking for one when I found my Whippet. I also have a Standard Poodle, a Golden Retriever, 3 cats, 2 Paso Fino horses, a Blue and Gold Macaw, a Cockatiel and a mini-lop rabbit.

Blue, I am a in-shop groomer and have the utmost respect for mobiles, I'd probably be one but my area is too small. Have you ever thought about the fact that some dogs actually HATE going for car rides? Some will get car sick as well. That's another to add to your list of benefits of a mobile service.

JawJaw, I was just thinking if your not allowed to disgree with someone than that's not a very open forum, and a hard one to share ideas and have discussions, because not everyone is going to believe in the same thing, or the same way. But after reading your post I understand a bit more where your coming from.

#69028 - 06/17/06 07:48 AM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Lord I love the list of animals you have. What is a mini-lop rabbit? Never heard of that one. Does the rabbit stay inside or out? And how do the other animals act around the rabbit?

Thanks girlfriend for your patience and understanding here in the forums...it's not that we should agree on everything, but we want to make sure that everybody treats one another with respect and kindness when they DISAGREE. That's all. Everybody has different ideas, opinions, and even solutions. We can all learn from each other.

Heck, if everybody agreed, we would be one more boring bunch of women...and trust me, we aren't!

Now there is ONE rule I didn't mention but I will now. All new people have to mail me a 5 lb box of chocolate... I'll be happy to provide an address...What? What? Okay, okay, big fat lie....two pounds will do.

What? Oh good grief (tuff room)...alright alreadyyyy...I made it up, you happy now?

Geeishhh....gettin' so a person can't get away with nutin' around this joint any more!

JJ
[Wink]

#69029 - 06/17/06 11:29 AM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
CanineDesign Offline

A mini-lop rabbit is a cross between a Holland Lop, and a Netherland Dwarf. They are sweet and cuddly, and mine thinks he is a dog, he follows me around well until I go to put him back in his cage then he runs for the nearest shrub. He stays in a cage in the house, he comes out to hop around a little every day, and sometimes I let him hop around the yard and eat grass, he does little bunny hops for joy, it's really cute. He wants to be friends with the wild rabbits but they take one look at his long floppy ears and take off. The cats run from him, the dogs bairly tolerate him, the whippet and golden isn't allowed around him as they would tear him to pieces in a heartbeat. He will hump any animal that isn't fast enough, that's why the cats run lol. And the poodle just gets up and walks away giving me this "He's doing it AGAIN Mom" look lol. So I usually save her and put her in another room. He is a real sweetheart!

Uhhhhh, can't help you out on that chocolate thing because it would be melted by the time you got it, so I will have to eat it for you [Smile]

[ June 17, 2006, 04:30 AM: Message edited by: CanineDesign ]

#69030 - 06/17/06 05:59 PM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Good Lord...I've never known anybody who had one for a pet. How cute is that? I have this great visual from your post. What's the rabbit's name? Lolly Pop? hahaha...ahem...

I'll let you off the hook on the chocolate...and don't feel bad, nobody else bought that line either.

JJ

#69031 - 06/18/06 07:15 AM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I'm sitting here laughing out loud about the rabbit.

You have a Whippet? I love them. They have the eyes of an Italian Greyhound. So sweet.

Thanks for visiting Sammie's blog. I'll let her know about it.

#69032 - 06/18/06 01:55 AM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
CanineDesign Offline

He has a very original name "Thumper" we call him "Thumper the Humper" [Smile]

Yes Dianne I have a whippet, his name is Phoenix. He is a little old man, getting ready to turn 13 in August.

BTW someone commented about the photo on the front page of my website, it's a picture I took of my daughter and her puppy "Daisy" who is also on the photos page as an adult. Also Ravyn on there is my poodle

#69033 - 06/18/06 02:11 AM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

How funny is that? OMG...that was a belly laugh. You women are cracking me up today. Maybe I'll write something cause you've certainly got me in the mood...I love to laugh!

JJ

#69034 - 06/18/06 03:28 AM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Thats good that you love to laugh JJ because you certainly make the rest of us belly laugh every single day, even when your being serious...LOL

Has anyone ever heard of a Newfoundland? Well let me tell you they are one huge breed of dog. We got one in very late last night that seems to be a pretty old girl and it looks as if someone dumped her at the rest stop out in the desert, they left her a bowl of water.(dried up) No telling how long she'd been there and was waiting for her owner to return, she wouldn't move from the spot....Poor thing, we were finally able to coxe her and she was washed, and vet checked today and is now a guest in my home till she we can find her a permanent one. Again no collar, and she wasn't chipped. Please people have your pets chipped, its harmless, painless and so helpful in returning them to their owners if they should stray. What do you groomers think of chipping pets? Yea or nay?

Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved