The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 89 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 11 of 11 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11
Topic Options
#69055 - 06/19/06 12:54 AM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
watt-a-dog Offline

Loc: Scotland
Actully the tallest dog is a Irish Wolfhound
The BIGGEST dog (weight) Was a Mastiff,
I know this cause it was my Puppys Grandfather [Smile]
Guiness book of world records, just a tad shy of 14 stone (280lbs.) show dog, not overweight. I belive theve had a few others from that line beat that since.
Luckyly Tam takes after his mommys side & is closer to 150lbs.
Big mookie that he is *G*

#69056 - 06/19/06 12:54 AM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
Jengroomer Offline

Loc: Florida
Phew sorry it took so long for me to get back! I haven't a lot of time to be online.
I apologize to Chatty, the words used, 'baked, fried" etc for referring to the news articles about the poor shih tzu dying. Not the posts here.
Well I read onto I think page 4 and had to skim the rest, my poor old eyes!!
My only gripe for here was generalizing. I think it could scare plenty away from mobilers and many of them are wonderful!
As far as licensing, I have no problem with it. I'm not against it at all.
I too agree there are plenty of groomers out there that are careless, rough and not clean. But thats surely not all of us. There are so very many wonderful, caring, gentle, and clean groomers out there be it mobile or salon.
I'm very proud to be one of them!!

If there were any other questions for me, I'm sorry if I missed them. I kind of thought maybe I'd recieve emails on the postings of this topic.
So I had no idea it was going on & on!

#69057 - 06/19/06 01:17 AM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
JJ Sherlock had an Irish Wolfhound in the movie... I took Smoochie to my sons home this morning and his Mastiff, Sophie and her have become friends, thank God I'd have hated to have to step in between the two of them....Smochies is rather thin and her blood work doesn't look right so she'll go in tomorrow for some further testing. I'm afraid for her because some folks will get bad news about a pet and heartlessly dump them rather than have an expense. A doggy prayer would help here!!! Thanks.

#69058 - 06/19/06 01:28 AM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
watt-a-dog Offline

Loc: Scotland
I love Newfies [Big Grin]
There notoriously easy going (though they can lay down a layer of drool on yer ceilings)
Ive never met a nasty one & I groom quite a few.
doggie prayers sent [Smile]

#69059 - 06/20/06 02:22 PM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
LoriAnn Offline

Loc: Indiana
Wow! This is one long topic! I pray that the Newfie will be ok. I can't believe people sometimes.

About licensing. I am one that is against it, not because I don't want to be scrutinized. Because I think it will end up being another cost that will be passed on with few benefits. I know from experience, clients don't like price increases.
Ever see a dirty hair salon or restaurant? I've seen plenty and they are licensed by our governemnt-they collect their fees and know nothing about the businesses. There are a lot of problems with these bills that are being proposed so don't be so quick to condemn the groomer that is against it.

#69060 - 06/21/06 01:03 AM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Hi LoriAnn and welcome from a fellow Hoosier, born and raised in Indiana. The licensing I spoke, and speak of is licensing of the groomer, not his/her business establishment. Barbers and beauticians MUST be licensed. I realize a license does not a talented hair cutter make, there are different levels of talent but at least we would know the person doing the grooming knew enough to have passed a state exam. What is good for our own and our loved ones hair should also be good for our beloved pets hair/fur....just a thought.

Update on Smoochie the Newfoundland, it seems she has several ruptures and slow bleeding into the stomach. She is at the clinic now with IV's and surgery is inevitable. The vets say it looks like she was pushed from a moving vehicle or maybe badly beaten or kicked repeatedly. They said she must be in terrible pain yet she hardly makes a sound and had glued herself to me. I feel like my heart is drying up to see this beautiful and sweet natured dog so abused. Its not my first time heaven knows but I have no more tears and it never gets any easier...Thanks for your prayers, keep them coming.....

[ June 20, 2006, 06:05 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#69061 - 06/21/06 02:41 AM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
Scissorart Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
Oh my gosh! I hope she will be okay. These big dogs seem to be very tough. I have read that about Bouviers. They can handle alot somehow. Back in the old days they were used to haul stuff on small carts etc. I hope she will be fine. I hate to think of any dog in that kind of pain and newfies are soooo sweet.

#69062 - 06/21/06 04:20 AM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
LoriAnn Offline

Loc: Indiana
[Mad] How can people just "throw away" sweet creatures like that. Someone brought in a kitten found on the side of the road today that had some severe respitory problems.

I think people that want a pet should have to have a license along with a projected cost of the animal they want. The people that get mad when they have to pay for the care of an animal THEY made a commitment to take care of just really irritate me to no end!

(getting off the soapbox)

Anyway, I was refering to the poster (forgot the name right now) that didn't want to go back to the groomer that wanted her to sign a petition against the proposed law. There is more to it than just having to pass a state exam.

#69063 - 06/22/06 03:37 AM Re: Pet Grooming !!!
CanineDesign Offline

Loc: Missouri
I would have thought if she were thrown from a car it would have broken bones, or at least some road rash and I doubt she would have a water dish with her. I can't imagine what she went through, poor baby. She could have gotten hit by a car too. Whatever happened I sure hope she pulls through this okay she deserves to have a good rest of her life.

Page 11 of 11 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved