The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 164 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#70915 - 11/09/04 03:26 AM Re: Holidays?
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Thanks for your suggestions Dotsie and Chatty.
I never thought about not talking about her. Even in her worst ways, I still felt like it was his family and family is a gift. (From my point of view anyway). Maybe he is better off without her.

But...what do I do when she surfaces? I went for quite awhile and never said a word about her then she arrives and I have to explain her presence to a 4 year old. I did it and it was ok but I did not like it. I'll think on it.

Lynn

#70916 - 11/09/04 04:36 AM Re: Holidays?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Nancy, try this, tell the little guy that she/this if she's there is his SOMETIME SISTER I bet he'd take to that explanation, say its sort of like him having a COLD SOMETIME. My ex had a daughter that was a similar problem for my youngest and thats what I told him whenever she graced us with her exhalted presence. He was about 3 or 4 and that explanation worked just fine, he understood that he had a sister sometimes....Kids are alot smarter than we give them credit for. I personally NEVER discussed her in front of my sons and they got so they couldn't care less. Good luck! [Big Grin]

#70917 - 11/22/04 10:45 PM Re: Holidays?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I read an article in our local Sunday paer yesterday about families uniting for the holidays. In other words, your EX would come to your home with his new family and everyone celerates together for the sake of the kids. [Eek!]

The idea is to keep the kids from having to split themselves in two and race back and forth between families.

What do you think ladies? Have you ever tried that?

I can't wait to see what the queen has to say. [Big Grin]

#70918 - 11/23/04 12:09 AM Re: Holidays?
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Dotsie, we've been doing this for years. After my MIL remarried it was hard for us to see her and Dad for holidays. Fortunately she married a wonderful man and it was at his suggestion that my father in law be included in all family get togethers. It made life so much easier for all of us and it always worked out fine.

#70919 - 11/28/04 04:18 AM Re: Holidays?
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Just a short note to let you know that the prodigal daughter called on Thanksgiving, I ansered and she promptly wished me a Happy Thanksgiving and asked for her father. (He was in the bathroom) While I went to fetch, Nathan picked up the phone to chat. The conversation was short, she wanted her father, Nathan took the phone to the bathroom where her father talked to her.

While this was going on, Nathan then lamented about a few things that he should have said to her. I encouraged him to get back on the phone and tell her how he felt. But he just shrugged it off with slumped shoulders and carried on.

This is what kills me. The quick spurts of life that are not for him. He has others in his life but it is not her.

Just makes me sad. Thanks for listening.

Lynn

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved