The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 147 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#71403 - 07/19/07 05:47 PM Re: Hi Bonnie 3... [Re: BonnieK]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
BonnieK...God will provide. Think positive thoughts and just KNOW that the money will be there when you need it. It doesn't mean you have to believe it, just try thinking that way. If nothing else, the stress will be less.

I truly believe we are given what we need, even if it is not what WE think we need.

Stay with us, k? We only want to help if we can! And you so very open and seem very wise to me, I might add. Me thinks you'll work through it all just fine. It may take some time, but you'll do it!

I'm wondering too if you think hormones could be playing a part here? Just throwing that out there.

We're here!

#71404 - 07/19/07 06:02 PM Re: Hi Bonnie 3... [Re: jawjaw]
BonnieK Offline

Loc: Chicago suburbs
I'm sure hormones are not helping. I made the decision not to do HRT...my beloved mother died of brain cancer, so I won't even consider it. I have heard about bio identical but mixed reviews. Maybe, just maybe I could remember to take my vitamins...hmmm what a concept

Thanks for the support. I have never been told I am wise, that really helps to hear. I'm smiling now...I remember asking my mom why I had what I thought were alot of problems. Her answer to me was that I getter older and had more history to weed thru. Bless her, I miss her everyday (even though I allowed her to help create some of my challenges (I just deleted the word "mess")

#71405 - 07/19/07 06:37 PM Re: Hi Bonnie 3... [Re: BonnieK]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

But take heart at this. We ALL have messes. Naturally, our own situations seem worse than other people's and sometimes, they even seem hopeless. They're not!

To me that's the time when I step away from whatever it is that's bothering me and do something totally different. If it is work, I go take a walk and get outside. The fresh air and walk clears the cobwebs of anxiety that have built a nest in my old brain.

If its someONE who is disturbing my peace, I try to figure out why and if I can correct it. If it is something within my power to do, I move forward with it. If I cannot "fix" it or make it better, I leave it. Right there on the spot.

And the best solution of all is I come here to my sistahs....they love me for who I am, do not judge me, and encourage and guide me, gently.

And wise? Yes, you are wise. You gave yourself time to step away from all the post and digest everything that was offered. When I read that I said to myself, "Good for her! How smart is that?"

You gave your mind, soul, and your heart time to think about it all and chose what works for you, and what doesn't. I call that wise, ANY day!

Onward!

#71406 - 07/19/07 09:11 PM Re: Hi Bonnie 3... [Re: jawjaw]
BonnieK Offline

Thanks so much...:) I am trying to learn to be less impulsive, step back and let it "marinate".

#71407 - 07/19/07 11:54 PM Re: Hi Bonnie 3... [Re: BonnieK]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well I have to interject something here...Take it for what its worth. Bit I find every single day that NO man in my life means, NO stress, NO muss or fuss. Just me, my preferences and my happiness. Think about it!!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#71408 - 07/20/07 07:42 AM Re: Hi Bonnie 3... [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Marinating is perfect; so is prayer. Both allow us time to sort things out through a different perspective. Bonnie, I think all of us should strive to be less impulsive. I know my life is more peaceful when I can do so, but I'm not always in the right frame of mine to do so. It's soemthing that takes practice. You're getting better at it already.

#71409 - 07/20/07 01:55 PM Nice, isn't always nice...
jabber Offline

Loc: New York State
K,
Even if boyfriend's kids were nice to your face that doesn't mean they'd be nice behind your back. I saw a very dear friend destroyed by 2-faced, back-stabbing stepchildren. Just a warning. Watch your back if you decide to continue the relationship. My friend had money, a house, a car, wisdom and health. Now she struggles to just make it through one day at a time. This isn't to scare you. It is simply to say, "Be Alert!"
bonnie rose

#71410 - 07/20/07 04:19 PM Re: Nice, isn't always nice... [Re: jabber]
BonnieK Offline

I am concerned....If they are anything like their mother, I'm in trouble and the BF knows it. The NO man thing many times sounds appealing, but I am not ready to make that move. My biggest fear is myself. Firstly, I think honestly I am not trusting myself. As I said before, I suffer from depression and consquentially am afraid of it. It freezes me. I am sure many can relate. Praying is something I should focus on. Ihave a god/high power problem though. Having sustained so much loss and suffering in my life I have a hard time buying it. I'm working on all this.

Thanks for the support, I need it.

#71411 - 07/20/07 05:07 PM Re: Nice, isn't always nice... [Re: BonnieK]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Always remember BonnieK that all of the advice is great but ultimately, you have to do what works best for you.

We're here to lend support, if needed or offer sage (we're realllllly old) wisdom is you ask, but we wouldn't want you doing something just because we said so. I think you've figured that part out though.

Good luck with it all. Sometimes, living can be hard, but oh can it be wonderful too!

#71412 - 07/20/07 06:26 PM Re: Nice, isn't always nice... [Re: jawjaw]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I've been through this nightmare so I'll ask you to ask yourself some questions. It wasn't until I did this myself that I finally broke through.

Do you feel a little bit fearful? I did and had to ask myself what was making me feel that way. That his sons wouldn't like or approve of me? They already didn't so what was I losing? That he might leave me because of his sons? No way that would happen. I carried a lot more power in the relationship than I realized.

These girls SHOULD NOT be allowed to tattle on you. I'd put my foot down about that right now. If he cares about you he needs to tell them that isn't allowed anymore. It's like feeding the fire. And, if he doesn't get it and tells you something they've said, stop him right away and tell him you aren't interested.

I had to tell my husband..."You're either for me or against me so you need to decide which one it is."

It's tough. Boy, do I know that!!!!!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved