The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 179 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#74700 - 03/14/07 10:41 PM Re: laptops [Re: Anno]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Would she?

Naw . . .

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#74701 - 03/15/07 12:20 AM Re: laptops [Re: Anno]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Chick,

When are you coming?

#74702 - 03/15/07 02:43 PM Re: laptops [Re: Jane_Carroll]
chickadee Offline

Jane, soon. Maybe the end of the month.

chick

#74703 - 03/18/07 02:04 PM Re: laptops [Re: Anno]
ElevatingYourBusiness Offline

Loc: USA
I have a Dell. I've had the service guy here, twice in one year. He changed major parts.

I highly recommend getting a service agreement on a laptop. It cost me $100 per year, but I've already gone over that allotment and the guy comes to my home to fix my puter.

We help independent and fee-based financial advisors find simpler ways to grow personally and professionally.

http://www.ElevatingYourBusiness.com

#74704 - 03/18/07 09:57 PM Re: laptops [Re: Anno]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Although we don't have a cellphone..we can be a tad technology oriented in other ways.

At home, we have 2 desktop computers since each my partner and I merged 2 households. Besides he spends lots of time on his computer for his volunteer cycling advocacy work, and I need mine for my stuff.

We also have a laptop computer which he tends to use heavily..when he /we go on cycling/vacation trips. I use it when I want..which is rare because I have my desktop. While on cycling trips/other vacation trips, he uses it to download digital photos and to email with me if he is cycling solo on the road. It is also a means for us to do something if either of us get bored with tv in the hotel in evenings. Usually in small towns, there's nothing to do locally after dinner.

For various employers, I've been given the choice of either laptop or desktop. I will choose desktop anytime for ergonomic reasons as my permanent at work machine. My work involves at least 80% time using a computer to do various aspects of job. I don't find laptops comfortable at all.

Will of course use laptop for group training sessions which I have provided over the last 10 years. I do insist on a mouse, not a touch pad, when I do group instruction within interactive computer training session.

#74705 - 03/20/07 03:27 AM Re: laptops [Re: orchid]
chickadee Offline

What about the new program called Vista? The local news was saying windows new business system has many unhappy users. Vista pc - no older games are compatable, more costly upgrades, etc. Says to wait and buy a computer later when some of these bugs get worked out. Anyone using Vista?

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved