The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 189 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#76706 - 08/21/05 01:23 AM Re: Boomer Sisters
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I like to imagine this place as our darling Georgia once described it. A huge old house filled with flowers and memories and lace and old wonderful mementos scattered around. A group in the kitchen Boom Boom, Loisa, Dee helping me with a scrumptous new dish I am making for everyones dinner in the great dining hall and Dianne, Lynn, Chickadee and Donna sit under a large shade tree reading and writing and just talking with one another. Dotsie, Pam and Janis are on the porch swing enjoying a summer smoothie. Meredith is in the craft room with Sugar and Robin showing them some beading techniques. Danita has just arrived for some R&R after a buiness trip. Sandra and Lily out in the garden picking big fat juicy tomatoes. Many other ladies are playing badmitten or just strolling leisurely on tree covered paths enjoying the sites and sounds during stress free moments. Trikster, Reeta, Rosee and the other animals are frolicking in the tall grass. While Bunny and Sammie watch squaking their approval from the huge bay window in the parlor. Laughter fills the warm summer air. I think of this place as heaven on earth, a place to be "refreshed" and surrounded by loving women, with big hearts and beautiful souls. A place with it's very own tiny Chapel nestled next to a babbling brook near a gazeebo surrounded by lilac bushes and roses....My imagination? Of course but it is the way I picture this place, our place....To me its The Boomers Bed and Breakfast [Wink]

[ August 20, 2005, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#76707 - 08/21/05 03:11 AM Re: Boomer Sisters
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Oh Chatty,

What a wonderful description of our home. Truly one of beauty, love, caring, freedom, laughter and happiness. I feel it is our own special place. Yes, I like the idea of The Boomers Bed and Breakfast. Oh, the imagination can take us places of rest and refreshment.

Thanks -- Sandpiper

#76708 - 08/21/05 04:18 AM Re: Boomer Sisters
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Chatty, that is absolutely charming. Your imagination must make the whole world a wonderful place for everyone.
smile

#76709 - 08/23/05 07:51 AM Re: Boomer Sisters
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Dotsie,
Thank you for your sweet words. Reading about everyone's comments has inspired me to write about a wonderful woman I want to introduce you to...my husband's grandmother. I think I'll spend some time this morning doing that...she passed away 3 months ago and although I only knew her a short while she had such an impact on me. She could tell you some stories..She was 93 when she passed away.
Chattylady, I love your B&B...when you are aready for reservations, let us know...I, for one, will be there. I love this site!!!!!!

#76710 - 08/27/05 01:39 AM Re: Boomer Sisters
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
The more I think about this group, the more questions I have!

Does anyone think of this as a quiet place? We're all just typing to each other. Chatty's B&B has a babbling brook, animals squawking, laughter and talk. What do you think?

#76711 - 08/27/05 03:08 AM Re: Boomer Sisters
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
The babbling brook I describe and the squaking birds, and the lilting laughter and conversation are all done quietly within the serenity of these magnificient William Kincaid type surroundings. These are not noisey sounds that annoy or would interfere with the peace I would like us all to experience here at Boomer Bed and Breakfast. This would be a quiet place mostly except at mealtimes when we would all come together to enjoy lucious recipes and talk and yes, laugh together.... [Razz]

#76712 - 08/28/05 05:52 AM Re: Boomer Sisters
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Calgon, take it me away...

#76713 - 08/28/05 06:46 AM Re: Boomer Sisters
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi. I just wanted to say that I've read this thread and you are all so articulate when describing how you feel about this site. I too feel a lot less lonely because I carry you all with me. And, like I said on another thread, I don't feel like myself without you. Love and Light, Lynn

#76714 - 08/28/05 06:40 PM Re: Boomer Sisters
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Chatty, I have tears in my eyes after reading your post. It's the Golden Girls several times over with laughter, serious topics, love, food...the makings of heaven on earth and how I long to actually do this with all of you. Okay, I'm crying now, got to go.

#76715 - 08/29/05 12:15 AM Re: Boomer Sisters
leigha Offline

Loc: british columbia
Dear DJ
I just saw this topic and would like to say that the whole aspect of 'boomer sisters', I believe, derives from her unfailing belief in love and growth and within that love and growth the freedom to accept that which we do not understand, and to nurture all aspects of growth. In essence becoming the love within in its acceptance of life and learning, and love and sharing this without fear.

To all the boomer sisters on this site:

The beauty within the responses of all of you boomer sisters is incomparable, the heart wondrous and the sharing immaculate in its form and expression, for within the heart, that which is....is the love, and within love there is no fear and so ladies, the strength wihin you all is incomparable.

That is what I have discovered on this site...the beauty of women willing to share, laugh and cry, beyond belief systems, beyond circumstances, for love is truly all there is. That has immeasurable value and will never be forgotten!

With love
Leigha

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved