The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 134 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#76744 - 09/12/05 06:34 AM Re: Summer of Love Revisited
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Leigha, thank you for the profound explanation of the mind, energies, the spirit, and the moment. Have you read "The Power of Now?" Your philosphy sounds much like Tolle's. Makes sense to me. Love and Light, Lynn

#76745 - 09/12/05 05:35 PM Re: Summer of Love Revisited
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I think we're also overloaded with technical devices. Used to be we could get in the car and take a nice drive but now, we take our cell phone along so we can always be reached. Then we have the fax, email, pager...you name it. We have so much technology coming at us, who wouldn't get scattered? Before email, I actually got a lot of work done in the mornings. Now, I grab a cup of coffee and plop down in front of my computer.

#76746 - 09/12/05 05:58 PM Re: Summer of Love Revisited
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Our minister touched on this in his sermon yesterday. He referred to it as the Age of Anxiety. We are creating monsters within by believing we need to have, do and be it all.

Leigha, your posts are always so deep and thought provoking. Thanks for sharing your philosophy.

Lynn, I ope this did't throw you off guard. I apologize if it did. I'm gald you asked. It was a great question.

Dianne, the days I get the most accomplished are the ones when I do all my writing first. I don't open my email until I'm finished what I set out to do. I turn the volume down on my computer so I can't hear the little chime every time I get a new email. First things first.

#76747 - 09/13/05 12:54 AM Re: Summer of Love Revisited
leigha Offline

Loc: british columbia
Lynne

I am familiar with Eckarte Tolle's 'The Power of Now'. I had a peak at it before I gave it to my brother for Christmas.Thank you for your kind comments.

Dotsie
I enjoy sharing in any way I can. I have found that many different ways of seeing can open the psyche further than it has gone before and am always open to further understanding.

Dianne
I don't have voice mail or an answering machine. I don't get tv, just watch videos. I don't listen to radio. However, I do read 4 newspapers a day to see how the energy is moving politically, economically, geographically and environmentally.

I only check my email 2x a day and I leave the computer off when I'm not using it. I do not have call waiting, which I find terribly rude unless you're running a business and its on a separate line. To cut off a social call for another is terribly rude. It says to the person that their time with you has no value. Kindness seems to be eroding because of technology and conflicts over time. The mind loves to have conflicts over time and technology is providing that very problem.

With love
Leigha

#76748 - 09/13/05 01:12 AM Re: Summer of Love Revisited
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I'm trying to keep my mornings calm with no tv for the first few hours. I watch the news and then, have to watch one segment of The Golden Girls. They start my day with a laugh. I always have Sammie to talk to me. She's a morning jabberer! How pleasant it is to hear her use a sweet tone and tell me good morning!

#76749 - 09/13/05 04:20 AM Re: Summer of Love Revisited
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
My husband, who is a restaurant manager, says that people have the patience of a gnat. He says it's getting worse. Say a dinner comes off the line wrong, and the dinner has to be redone. Well, customers expect instantaneous results, like they would get in their own kitchen with a microwave. I think his examples are indicative of the impatience we (the collective we) are developing due to technology. Instant chats, instant info...instant results. Dianne, I just noticed your new signature line about women who behave. It makes me think of the movie Iron Jawed Angels about the womens' suffrage movement. Those women did not behave, and we got the right to vote. LLL

#76750 - 09/13/05 06:47 PM Re: Summer of Love Revisited
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Leigha, boy did I feel zinged by your post. You speak the truth. I must admit I have fallen for so much of the modern day craziness. Yup, been sucked right in.

Dianne, I also noticed your quote. I like to think I behave, but I definitely want to make history in the category of helping other women discover the beauty within and around. Hmmm, maybe a little misbehaving is called for.

Lynn, I can totally relate to your comment. I must admit that I have been in the company of people who act like that. I pray I haven't been one of them. I really try to spread smiles, understanding, and compassion when I am out in public.

#76751 - 09/13/05 10:07 PM Re: Summer of Love Revisited
leigha Offline

Loc: british columbia
That sounds lovely Dianne

With love
Leigha

#76752 - 09/15/05 06:21 AM Re: Summer of Love Revisited
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I am so patient and polite when in public I make myself sick but I was raised that way and old habits die hard...I will never change because its the way I would like to be treated.....this kind of goes with Diannes signature sentence about women....

When I'm good, I'm sooo good but when I'm bad, I'm better. Made famous by Mae West.

[ September 14, 2005, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#76753 - 09/15/05 06:28 PM Re: Summer of Love Revisited
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
quote:
Originally posted by leigha:
I enjoy sharing in any way I can. I have found that many different ways of seeing can open the psyche further than it has gone before and am always open to further understanding.

Leigha, your posts always open my eyes and psyche to new possibilities...I especially like your phrase in another post: sometimes its best to just enjoy the moment and let the mind go. The greatest rest comes in not listening to the mind. It took me a long time to realize that for me, sometimes the most important thing I can do for myself is to do absolutely nothing at all...and I MEAN nothing...no thinking, no doing, no watching, no analyzing, no reading...just to sit there and embrace the moment of "being".

quote:
I do not have call waiting, which I find terribly rude unless you're running a business and its on a separate line. To cut off a social call for another is terribly rude. It says to the person that their time with you has no value.
Amen to that too! I understand the need for people with kids, and people running businesses. But I too find it terribly rude, especially when I used to call a friend long distance, and she constantly excused herself to take the call waiting...sometimes it was justified if one of her kids was out and she was waiting to hear from them. But often, they were all home and she STILL did that to me...and it's not as if we talked that long anyway. Most of our calls were just a few minutes of catching up and staying in touch. Still, there I was, sitting silent on the other end, paying the long distance charges.

A few times, she took so long to get back to me that I just hung up. Then she seemed so upset that I hung up on her! Now I let hubby call her and find out all the news; interesting enough, she never takes one of those call-waiting calls when hubby's on the phone.

Anyway, Leigha, thank you for your posts; I always find tidbits of new wisdom to re-energize my own evolving.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved