The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 205 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#76754 - 09/16/05 12:40 AM Re: Summer of Love Revisited
leigha Offline

Loc: british columbia
Hi Dotsie
Zinged...I hope that's good...I find that we've all been sucked in at one time or another. It took me a long time to move away from being sucked in and sometimes I still get suckered...usually by my own fear.

All of our systems are designed to keep us busy, not to think because if we think that might threaten the status quo and the money doesn't like that...policy is geared to separate us from our time and money in all avenues of life. Economics has really become the dean of living, not life itself.

I think it is important that we all realize that the most important thing is just to love ourselves...everything else can wait...now that's a decision most would feel guilt over but we've been conditioned by guilt to fulfill the requests of those or systems outside of us.

Seems like the systems are getting the best of it...but really the systems are all breaking down right now and what is required is a whole consciousness change at the mass level where the heart has precedent over the fear that we've all been taught!

And Dotsie...I do get sucked in to! I had to make a point of being aware...which has been my work for me...staying aware because it feels like crap when you get sucked in! In essence, you're being sucked into a lower vibration where the feelings and essence of crap and drama live! Yuck!

The most important thing is to do that which gives you joy, or see differently that which you do every day, if it doesn't give you joy! That's what I've found. I think you're a great lady Dotsie...just a little too hard on yourself, which I am on myself and am learning to relax now...because being hard on oneself lowers one's energy which causes us to get sucked in again...a merry go round!

This is to all the lovely ladies!

Have a happy spirit and to hell with the consequences...The consequences of what...spreading more joy with happiness. What is greater....your joy...or your worry!

And Dianne, thank God for Mae West. We had to start somewhere as a female race and that came with a little defiance of the status quo! The status quo that wanted to define a woman's role in life and keep her quiet!

Ladies....follow your dream and speak out! But most of all learn from it and grow happier!

With love
Leigha

#76755 - 09/16/05 12:41 AM Re: Summer of Love Revisited
leigha Offline

Hello Eagle
Thank you for your lovely words Eagle...I am heartened that I can share the best of who I am and have it bless others.

With love
Leigha

#76756 - 09/16/05 05:54 PM Re: Summer of Love Revisited
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Leigha, thanks for your thoughtful post.

What is greater...your joy...or your worry?

I know the answer and I try wholeheartedly to live it. I turn my worries into prayer. I hand them over...and often have a habit of taking them back. It's a little dance I do with the Lord. He understands and loves me in spite of it. It is through Him that I gain my joy and strength.

#76757 - 09/16/05 06:15 PM Re: Summer of Love Revisited
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Dotsie,
One of the many blessings I've received here in this site is YOUR wisdom and honesty of faith. You know how lost and confused I was when I first arrived here. Whenever you've shared your faith-wisdoms, like "hunkering down with the Lord" and struggling to hand over to Him the worries and anxiety about people and situations, without taking them back, you have spoken directly into my own life and heart.

I have become so much more content over recent months by taking so many of your wisdoms and applying them to my own faith life. They truly are wisdoms, Dotsie. God has blessed you, and in turn, blesses lost hearts like mine through your struggles and hard-earned wisdom.

Again, thank you!

#76758 - 09/16/05 10:29 PM Re: Summer of Love Revisited
leigha Offline

Dear Dotsie

We're all in the middle of the dance...some of us just recognize the dance for what it is and move toward the good.

To all the ladies

What I have come to understand is that the faster we move toward the joy, the faster our lives change...and the key ingredient is realizing what direction we are heading in with our thoughts and feelings because they will always designate our reality.

We have the choice in how we will think and react to life. And that choice is power! There are many energies in this world trying to affect us all on many levels...it's our job to move forward and see what we want to see...create what we want to create in all that is good!

In reality, the only thing between us and our joy, is us. Sometimes, that's hard to take or accept because we were raised up in a culture of always looking outside of ourselves for answers or acceptance when in fact real power has always lived within us, not outside of us.

When we truly grab onto that understanding everthing in our lives has the potential to change because of the creation power that lives within us. We are the creators ladies....we create what we expect! So all we have to do is expect more...whether its happiness, joy, health, well-being...its really up to us to listen inwardly and move forward.

There is nothing between us and our joy...and what a dance it is, staying aware and not falling back into old ways of thinking.

I commend you Dotsie...your heart and spirit are always moving forward...but remember to accept some of the kudos for your part in moving forward...we are in partnership with Creation...and always remember that you stepped up to the plate which takes enormous courage because we have to face ourselves and we have to face life and be open to change...not many do because they get lost in the troubles of the world.

It takes courage to step up to the plate and keep on batting....the reward....peace! Joy! Wisdom! etc.

Actually all of you lovely ladies should step up to the plate and pat yourselves on the back because you are all beautiful, generous, heart-warming and courageous! I have been very blessed to have met all of you through Dotsie's wonderful site, and am grateful for your caring and dedication to the goodness within all of you, and the heartfelt sharing of your hearts!

With love
Leigha

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved