The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 166 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#76797 - 11/09/05 12:35 AM I'm on the BWS rollercoaster!
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Does anyone else feel like thy're riding a rollercoaster when they're here? You go from topics that make you laugh out loud to ones that make you cry your eyes out. It's an emotional workout...We women are very agile, aren't we?

If only it would burn calories!!

[ November 08, 2005, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: Western Bluebird ]

#76798 - 11/09/05 06:34 AM Re: I'm on the BWS rollercoaster!
Sweetums Offline

Loc: Victoria, B.C.
I am a brand new member. I found this website yesterday, when I did a search on "lonliness". As I read through so many postings, it struck me how incredibly wise women are, and how willing we are to reach out to each other.

It made me feel better to be reminded that I'm definitely not the first person to struggle with loneliness and the vicious cycle that takes on a life of its own - lonliness/isolation/withdrawal = feeling even more lonely.

Thank you to each and every one of you who so generously shared your thoughts, for it has truly helped me. I needed to be reminded that sometimes you have to make yourself move out of your comfort zone to break the cycle and talking to other women about their similar experiences is probably even more important. Why do we put so much importance on maintaining an appearance of self-sufficiency? When it seems that behind that mask, most (or all) of us are struggling with the same issues?

God bless you all.

#76799 - 11/09/05 07:09 AM Re: I'm on the BWS rollercoaster!
mellodysmiles Offline

Loc: Redding, CA
Welcome Sweetums, I am sure you will continue to find BWS a warm place to spend some time.

#76800 - 11/09/05 08:25 AM Re: I'm on the BWS rollercoaster!
norma Offline

Loc: western canada
hi sweetums...coming to this site is like meeting a whole lot of wonderful sisters who no one had told us about, like mell and bluebird.

#76801 - 11/09/05 06:45 PM Re: I'm on the BWS rollercoaster!
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Hi sweetums and welcome. You'll find that this site will help greatly with your feelings of being lonely. It's like a second home!

#76802 - 11/09/05 07:41 PM Re: I'm on the BWS rollercoaster!
Fiftyandfine Offline

Loc: FL
Hey Bluebird,

You're right about that rollercoaster. Since I've been gone weeks, I've discovered I won't be able to handle it all in in one sitting. I'll either pee my pants from laughing so hard, or cry myself to death!

#76803 - 11/09/05 09:49 PM Re: I'm on the BWS rollercoaster!
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
Welcome. Sweetums. You've come to a great place. I've just been here a short time myself and feel at home already.

As for the roller-coaster, I think we've all been on that. Right now I'm not, but who knows what tomorrow may bring.

#76804 - 11/09/05 09:49 PM Re: I'm on the BWS rollercoaster!
NHJackie Offline

Welcome. Sweetums. You've come to a great place. I've just been here a short time myself and feel at home already.

As for the roller-coaster, I think we've all been on that. Right now I'm not, but who knows what tomorrow may bring.

#76805 - 11/09/05 09:51 PM Re: I'm on the BWS rollercoaster!
NHJackie Offline

Just managed to post the same not twice. Sorry! Just at me to the list of the computer challenged. [Confused]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved