The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 117 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#77045 - 11/23/05 02:31 AM Re: Should I go?
ladybug Offline

Thanks Dotsie, I was also about to edit my post to add that if I do go in January or even if I had gone two days after Thanksgivng my husband would be alone all day. Rob has college classes then goes straight to a part time job where he closes the store by himself at 10:00 p.m. Vicky is a senior in highschool and gets home at 2:40 p.m. She also has a job in which she leaves at 4:05 p.m. and returns at 8:00 p.m.

One of the main concerns of his doctors and a therapist was that he would be home alone, which of course he wasn't. He does drive and has no physical impairments but it's the forgetfulness that is a concern.

It's just hard to leave someone like this for more than say, six hours. Maybe if one of the children was able to be home with him all day it would be okay but as you can see, that isn't possible. They both started these first jobs this summer so it isn't as if they could just take off. I wouldn't expect them too.

#77046 - 11/28/05 01:36 AM Re: Should I go?
flipperjo Offline

Loc: ND
ladybug, do you have any retired friends who would be willing to look in on dh and keep him company for a while each day? that's how my mom was able to get away occaisionally when dad couldn't go out.

#77047 - 11/28/05 01:48 AM Re: Should I go?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
ladybug, that must be quite a worry for you.

#77048 - 11/28/05 03:07 AM Re: Should I go?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Thought you decided against going or was that for Thanksgiving? Can't he travel if he is well enough to drive etc.? Why not go together and just not stay as long?

#77049 - 11/28/05 04:07 AM Re: Should I go?
ladybug Offline

The whole point of going Chatty is for me to get away for awhile by myself. Everyone around here agrees that I need it.

He is just a bit forgetful about taking his medications.

If I had gone I would've been leaving yesterday. It's too close to Vicky's 18th birthday on Dec., 10th., and wouldn't have given me but 10 days down there.

I still am considering going the second week of January but I admit I still have reservations about whether or not to go at all.

There aren't any retired friends around and he really doesn't need them to. I just don't know what to do.

#77050 - 11/28/05 04:18 AM Re: Should I go?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Gotcha about your needing a break. Well I'm not sure of your money situation but there are care givers that just come in when needed to and maybe they could pop in a few times a day when his meds are due. I bet if you checked around you could find someone like that through the hospital, doctor or maybe even a friend might know of someone. We here in Nevada have many such services.

#77051 - 11/28/05 07:04 PM Re: Should I go?
ladybug Offline

Chatty, you don't know my husband! He'd think I thought he's helpless. He's telling me how he'll be just fine. I dunno, I suppose he'd KNOW he's got to remember to take those on time. It's amazing how proficient people can become all of a sudden when the person who usually does something for them isn't there any more. Yes, he CAN afford to have someone come in but to him he'd consider it a waste of money. That's just how he is.

Your last line there says it all and I've been way too serious for way too long.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved