The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 123 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#77138 - 01/14/06 01:33 AM Our Very Own Dianne
ladybug Offline

Dianne, we mentioned this earlier and I know you don't want to "toot" your own horn, so here it is.

I've read that you were a Mrs. Arizona, so you must be a very beautiful woman. You are a professional singer and taking acting lessons. You have also made nationally televised commercials. Which ones? I also see that you are scheduled as a guest speaker at the University of Arizona.

So please, can you address some of these topics?

#77139 - 01/14/06 02:05 AM Re: Our Very Own Dianne
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Well, allrighty then! [Big Grin]

Being Mrs Arizona and some loose change will get you a phone call. Actually, it opened up doors for me to model and do tv commercials. It's also what my publisher wanted to use on the book cover to show any woman can be a victim of abuse.

Let me think about the commercials...Molson Beer, TCBY, Lear Eye Clinic, and then I did what they call generic commercials. This means any doctor, office whatever can buy the commercial and put their name in it. I did commercials I never saw. It was fun but I had an agent that liked to hang onto my money for the most time she could without being legally in the wrong. That got tiring.

I'm taking acting lessons and having a ball. I love it, I have a passion for it. It's so exciting to me. I'm going to continue with the lessons after I move.

I spoke last year at ASU. I've done a lot of speaking and interviews in my time but have gotten away from it. I feel like I'm being led in a different direction but will always be of help to battered women.

That's so sweet of you to ask me about this.

#77140 - 01/14/06 02:38 AM Re: Our Very Own Dianne
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
See she's not just a pretty face...If you haven't read the riveting account of her own abuse in her book, "Whose face Is In The Mirror" you should. It blew me away...

#77141 - 01/14/06 03:14 AM Re: Our Very Own Dianne
ladybug Offline

Thank you I will Chatty and thank you Dianne!

Do you think these acting lessons could lead to a part in a movie?

What led you to compete as Mrs. Arizona?

You are amazing!!!!!How do you find the time to do all this or are you always "on the run?" Keeps you young and in shape though, I'm sure!

#77142 - 01/14/06 03:51 AM Re: Our Very Own Dianne
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I don't have the ambition to be an actor. I've always wanted to take classes and thought, why not? My instructor has moved me up to the advanced class because he says I'm a natural. Actually, I think I'm a big ham.

I was told that Minneapolis has a huge community theater so I might venture into that after I've put a lot of classes under my belt.

I make time to do what I love. I blow the rest of the stuff off. [Big Grin]

How I ran for Mrs. Arizona was because of a dream I had. In the dream I was competing and won and really happy. Didn't even know anything about the pageant. It's a miracle story in itself. Something that was meant to be regardless of me.

Thanks Chatty. Appreciate it deeply.

#77143 - 01/14/06 11:44 AM Re: Our Very Own Dianne
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Dianne, that's awesome!
And I'd love to read your book.

I did Army Community Theater in the past, in different states and in Germany, while first hubby was in the military; it was so much fun. After I came back to Hawaii, I worked for TV and radio stations.
Next month I will be working with friends on something new...starting a local entertainment TV program on which I will host a segment. Gonna be so exciting!
Keep us posted on what you will be doing [Smile]

#77144 - 01/14/06 06:19 PM Re: Our Very Own Dianne
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dianne, I have a friend who does the local dinner theatres. What fun, and boy are those shows good! I admire you for following your dreams at midlife. You go girl.

Have you met Marilyn Kentz through NABBW? Check her out on the associates page. Her site is www.fearless-aging.com.

She does a stage show called Boomer Babes. She's also an author. Very much into midlife issuses in a fun way. I bet you'd like her.

#77145 - 01/15/06 08:04 AM Re: Our Very Own Dianne
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Do you think it would create a problem if I told them the play had to end by 9:00 PM so I could go home and go to bed?

I did community theater years ago in AZ. It was "Kismit or Kismet...see how involved I was, I can't remember how to spell it. I got to play the hussy wife of the king or emperor. Type casting no doubt. [Wink] It was fun.

Wow Diamond. I'm seriously impressed. That answers the question about make up in another thread. That is really exciting!

My screenplay is still waiting for me. Patiently waiting. This acting bug thing took over and I've shoved everything to the side...except the move. Hey! My office is cleaned out. That was a major undertaking.

#77146 - 01/14/06 09:16 PM Re: Our Very Own Dianne
ladybug Offline

Okay now dish Dianne: Someone in another thread said that if they were not mistaken, you had dated Troy Donahue.

If true, tell us about it and how that first date came to be.

#77147 - 01/14/06 09:55 PM Re: Our Very Own Dianne
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
I used to be very involved in community theater. In fact, that's how my husband and I met. We got out of it when we had our kids and never got back. But we have wonderful memories of all the shows we worked on, both on and back stage.

I want the dish on Troy Donahue, too, Dianne!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved