The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 88 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#77158 - 01/16/06 12:31 AM Re: Our Very Own Dianne
ladybug Offline

Chatty, tell us about it and don't be shy or humble. After all an accomplishment of this magnitude can't be told without all the facts.

#77159 - 01/16/06 02:52 AM Re: Our Very Own Dianne
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Chatty has led a very interesting, successful life. She should be proud.

Sherri, moving to MN the end of this month.

#77160 - 01/16/06 03:03 AM Re: Our Very Own Dianne
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
OK Chatty...got to spill it.

#77161 - 01/16/06 03:16 AM Re: Our Very Own Dianne
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Ladybug you asked so here goes(yawn.) My so called singing career started I guess as a child in Catholic school. I have good strong pipes and sang countless solos in Church for over a 10 year period....After becoming a widow at a young age I quit the church and went to work. Years later I married a cocktail lounge owner in Chicago and he had what they call jacks along the bar and everyone did singalongs. I sang with the band a few times and he noticed how the crowd got quiet and listened always asking for more(drunks.) We later moved to the chain of lakes in upper Illinois and bought a tavern there where we had visiting bands and I would sing. One night we were in Chicago at a friends club and Fats Domino was the entertainer, I sang with him all night and we had a ball. He told me to send him a tape which I did and he gave it to someone who contacted my husband and made arrangements for me to do a demo. Buck Owens band the Buckaroo's were the back up for my demo. I made 45's and a couple of LP's. during my career. I was called the new Patsy Cline because of a certain cry in my voice. I did all her stuff and some showtunes. I was a guest for 6 times on the Opry when it was on weekly TV. I had a ball, couldn't ask for nicer kinder more helpful people. I fell in love with George Jones, he was the neatest man and best singer. Anyway that all lasted for a couple years and I was offered a recording contract with Columbia but was newly pregnant with my second son and was sick as a dog for 9 months, 24/7...Just to show you what I mean, Mark weighed in at 9 pounds 11 ounces and I was a full 18 pounds lighter the day before I delivered him, than I was when I got pregnant. Do the math. My husband and I were having soooo much trouble because he loved the success and all he could see were the dollar signs, the money he was loosing and the fame he seemed to think would be his own, go figure....I divorced him and never went back to singing. Actualy I never liked the lime light. I sang because it made him so proud and happy. I don't like attention being called to myself, never did. I loved to sing but hated the crowds. I liked making records. Now I sing in Church only for God, no solos either. Thats why writing has been so good for me, I like the solitude....Thanks Dianne for your comment and I am proud of almost all the many things I have been good at in my years upon this planet....HEY, I should write a book..!!!!

[ January 16, 2006, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#77162 - 01/16/06 03:21 AM Re: Our Very Own Dianne
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Awesome story, Chatty!
And singing for God is the best.

#77163 - 01/16/06 05:04 AM Re: Our Very Own Dianne
ladybug Offline

That is indeed awesome Chatty and thank you for telling us all about it.

You know you probably should write a book. How many of us even get to do a fraction of what you and Dianne have accomplished?

Please take a bow to my applause talented ladies!

#77164 - 01/16/06 05:06 AM Re: Our Very Own Dianne
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
Great story, Chatty. You did something with your singing voice, which I never did. And I'm sure there's more than one book there.

#77165 - 01/16/06 08:21 AM Re: Our Very Own Dianne
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Chatty, you're da' bomb!!!

smile

#77166 - 01/16/06 08:42 AM Re: Our Very Own Dianne
LSmith5434 Offline

Loc: Washington State
Chatty.....what a life you have had. Keep up the good work!
Your sense of humor and spice still keeps me laughing.
Keep that up too!
Lynne

#77167 - 01/16/06 10:49 AM Re: Our Very Own Dianne
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Chatty, I wish I could've heard you!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved