The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 143 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#77206 - 04/24/06 07:23 AM what boomer women want
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I am putting together a top ten list of what boomer women want to use on this site and in an article.

Speak up ladies. Now's the time to let me know what you want so we can tell the world.

Here are a couple ideas to get us started.

- Respect for the choices we've made.

- Fashionable clothes that fit.

- Healthy relationships.

- Social Security benefits.

- Affordable health care.

#77207 - 04/23/06 08:08 PM Re: what boomer women want
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Number one choice: Chocolate!!

I think we should have an annual FUN conference; one that deals with our specific issues, but in a fun, humorous way.

Most of the "senior" conferences, seminars, expos, etc, are full of dull, drab talks about financial planning, funeral planning, or long term care.

While those issues are important, I think we also need to LIVE FOR TODAY! We can discuss those things in an enjoyable way - with fun speakers - and fun events.

I'll be the first to sign up to help with this project - and I'll be the first to have a booth there as well.

#77208 - 04/23/06 08:20 PM Re: what boomer women want
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Okay, misunderstood what you wanted. (But I still like the idea of a FUN conference for all the ladies!)

You want 10 items we want for an article or for this site...hmmm...

How about these?

- We want our voices to be heard (political issues, retirement issues, work issues, financial issues, etc)

- In the work force, we want our age to be recognized as experience, not as someone who is heading toward senility

- We want to enjoy our lives right up until the end

- We want to share our experiences to help others less fortunate

#77209 - 04/23/06 09:20 PM Re: what boomer women want
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I think we want all those things, but they sound so OLD.

Personally, I want want to feel twenty-five, look twenty-five and have frequent and fabulous sex. I want to over do it. I want to make mistakes. I want to laugh at myself and the world. I want to sing, dance, and eat chocolate all the way to the grave.

smile

[ April 23, 2006, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#77210 - 04/23/06 11:42 PM Re: what boomer women want
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
Top 10 items I'd like?
- Time to be more and do less
- People of different viewpoints who want to have an honest discussion without histrionics or soundbites
- Education that teaches children to think, so I can have the above discussion with them
- Love (agape) == that's really number 1
- Shoes that look great and don't hurt my feet
- A magical melting of all the fat on my body so I can be the same size I was in my 30s.
- The energy of my youth and the wisdom of today
- HUGS for everyone
- Knowing I am perfect and life is perfect, just the way it is

#77211 - 04/23/06 11:43 PM Re: what boomer women want
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I don't know how or if this fits into a topic-friendly want, but I want to not be forgotten. To not slip through the "in-between cracks" - in between obvious usefulness and the grave.

I love the idea of a fun conference!

Smile, I'm with you on every single item you've listed. That's the to-do list I want too! With banana splits and cheesecake all along the way.

#77212 - 04/23/06 11:50 PM Re: what boomer women want
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Smile! Count me in!

Sherri

#77213 - 04/24/06 02:41 AM Re: what boomer women want
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have to agree with both Smile and Casey but would add for us all the ability to feel and be SAFE, be able to go out, be out and about without the fear of the crazies. I remember never feeling scared, not anymore however. I want to feel SAFE in and out of my home. Another one that plagues us all is TRUST, I want to be able to TRUST men. what they say, how they behave and TRUST the women around me to have no secret agendas..

[ April 23, 2006, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#77214 - 04/24/06 06:28 AM Re: what boomer women want
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I want adventure in my life until the end. I hope I'm still trying new things up to the end. I would love to have great sex also, but I first have to find a man I can trust and love. Now that will be an adventure!

Daisygirl

[ April 23, 2006, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: Daisygirl ]

#77215 - 04/24/06 05:49 PM Re: what boomer women want
mrs_madness Offline

Loc: Moscow
1) Better, better, better women's health care. More attention to women's health needs from adolescence to old age.

There has hardly been a new birth control method introduced in the last 40 years. The most common surgery in America is (surprise!) is the hysterectomy. Approval of already existing, in-use, extensively clinically tested menopause meds not available in America--the Land of a Million Lawsuits.

Until the menopause med I take--Livial--is approved in America, I'm not coming back. It has absolutely fixed my miserable menopause mess and I refuse to live without it. Period.

2) The end of spending half the nation budget on monsterous military expenses and weapons development. It's wasting the health and the future of our country.

3) National health insurance

4) An end to the fiasco of the failed public school system. Vouchers for all, public or private. If the school sucks it'll go out of business and bad teachers and administrators can find other employment. Our children are being tested to death and not getting an education in the process.

5) An end to ridiculous government subsidies that cost billions. Like the "Oil Depletion Allowance" and massive payouts to agribusinesses.

6) More investment in better public transit. Tax dollars not spent subsidizing agribusiness could be well spent on transportation systems all over America. A lot of us would leave our cars at home if we had viable transit options (and I don't mean some creaky diesel spewing once-an-hour bus).

"Government by the people, of the people, for the people" seems to have lost it's way.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved