The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 143 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#77216 - 04/25/06 07:46 AM Re: what boomer women want
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
Mrs_Madness,
Yes, yes!!!!

#77217 - 04/25/06 02:06 AM Re: what boomer women want
Tami Offline

Loc: Kansas
Love all the ideas listed. You know it's not too far fetched to expect more from our government on all levels. Ours is the largest generation and women outnumber men. We really do need to "Speak" up, start a revolution!

On a less global front though...

We are a generation of women in transition, always have been. I feel we're missing out on so much because of programmed beliefs that undermine our self-esteem. We're not perfect but who on this earth is? I think we could all use a good dose of "Acceptance" for who and what we are. So how do we go about doing that? Is there a 12 step program for Boomer Women so we can let go of all the should have's, what if's, if only's and regrets we all deal with that hold us back?

Deep subject, I know. But if for no other reason, a good motivational speaker on this subject would sure inject a feel-good-about-ourselves moment into the itenary.

#77218 - 04/26/06 01:57 AM Re: what boomer women want
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This is all so great. I think I may have to do a serious list and a fun one. How does that sound?

#77219 - 04/26/06 05:51 AM Re: what boomer women want
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
That sounds just peachy and should offer some good reading...

#77220 - 04/26/06 07:10 AM Re: what boomer women want
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
On a serious note, I am probably in the minority, but I wish the government would get out of my life, especially healthcare. I don't know where they got the constitutional mandate for that anyway.

I am all for the increased security measures to avert danger to our country which is in the constitution. But I don't want the governemnt involved in healthcare at all. Government is what made it so expensive in the first place.

When Medicare came in, it eliminated the family doctor. It eliminated his ability to be generous with his services. It eliminated the barter system where people paid for medical care in eggs or farm goods. It eliminated house calls. It eliminated charity in hospitals entiredly.

Government intervention in healtcare is a horrible thing. It makes us all dependent and when we depend on the government for something as personal as healthcare, it is dangerous. We will soon be forced to ration healthcare. If we left it to the capitalistic system and paid for our own care, people wouldn't get medicated for every little thing and then re-medicated again and again for the side effects and eventually depend on medication to live. Then the doctors would have to compete for our dollar and prices would come down.

There is information available now so we could compare morbitiy and mortality rates among doctors and facilities, but it is protected by the govt. If we had that, we could shop and get the best service for the least money. And we would all be doing exactly that if we were the ones paying.

Not a popular viewpoint, but it's true. The govt. has no business in healthcare and doctors have no business doing business. They're healers, not businessmen.

smile

#77221 - 04/26/06 07:52 AM Re: what boomer women want
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
Are HMOs government? I thought they were insurance concoctions. I understand your point about Medicare, but I think the more serious step was "managed health care."

Yes, let's accept ourselves, Tami, warts and all. And let's accept other people, especially women, even if we disagree with them. Let's just have a love in! LOL!

I'm actually semi-serious. Tami has hit the nail on the head. When we truly love ourselves and accept ourselves, it's more difficult to let others knock us around emotionally, physically and intellectually.

#77222 - 04/27/06 08:40 PM Re: what boomer women want
Tami Offline

Loc: Kansas
Casey! You are a WiseWomanShining! Just a few small changes make such a difference. I'm not advocating we become self-centered or egotistical, rather allowing ourselves the slight shift of focus to acknowledge and commend all the good things we've done instead of constantly reminding ourselves of our failures. How about feeling good about that failure because, by golly, at least I tried! Appreciating what we have in our lives instead of longing for the things we don't have is one of my favorites. Such a tiny shift that can totally change one's outlook on life!

#77223 - 04/28/06 02:06 AM Re: what boomer women want
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree with Casey, too! Something to work on!

#77224 - 04/28/06 04:28 AM Re: what boomer women want
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Doing what Casey advises will not only benefit others but it would greatly benefit ourselves.

#77225 - 05/07/06 02:55 AM Re: what boomer women want
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Got together last evening with several writer groups and talked alot about many subjects and the concensus is that "Boomer women want Boomer men!" IMMEDIATELY if not sooner, LOL [Big Grin] [Frown] !

[ May 06, 2006, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved