The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 126 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#77239 - 05/21/06 09:13 PM Re: menopause stories
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Hi Dotsie,

My brother lives in Ellicott City. It is such a nice area. I remember the first time I went there he took us to the Old Ellicott City. It was really nice there.

Cheers,
Cathi

#77240 - 05/23/06 07:51 AM Re: menopause stories
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm about a half hour from there. Old Ellicott City is so much fun. I've gone there for a day of window shopping with friends before. We always talk about going back. One of these days...

#77241 - 05/23/06 07:57 AM Re: menopause stories
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Good Lord. After reading all the post I surely do feel like a Queen. Mine have stopped. I'm free at last! Free at last! I don't have hot flashes any more and no mood swings. Do not. DO NOT! YOU CAN'T PROVE IT! Ahem...what?

Seriously, I think I'm over the worst of it.

So, would someone tell us about Ellicott City and OLD Ellicott City? Are these places to visit as tourist? A nice vacation spot? What's the attraction there? I truly want to know.

JJ

#77242 - 05/22/06 08:31 PM Re: menopause stories
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Wow, JawJaw, how great for you!!! I hope you're right and it lasts! I, however, am just beginning ...

#77243 - 05/23/06 03:21 AM Re: menopause stories
flossie Offline

Loc: New Zealand
quote:
Originally posted by smilinize:
We could start a menopause fan club.

smile

I'm with you there smile [Smile]

Jawjaw.... just curious....how long did you have all the symptoms for?

I started the sweats just after the hysterectomy only 5 months ago......am I going to have years and years of this, I'm SICK of it already!

[ May 22, 2006, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: flossie ]

#77244 - 05/23/06 10:27 PM Re: menopause stories
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
If you like antiques and funky collectibles, you would love Ellicott City. It's definitely a tourist spot. If you're visiting Baltimooe and like antiques, it's one of the many places you should visit.

As far as night sweats go...I just got my jammies in the mail from Kathy at Rick and June. Visit the link on her site to learn more.

Kathy, since I am on the pill I only have night sweats on the weeks I take the placebos. I'll let you know how they work. Thanks so much!

#77245 - 05/23/06 10:43 PM Re: menopause stories
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

This definitely sounds like my kind of place. I suppose one would need money to shop there...hmmm...that might be a prob...

Flossie, as best as I can tell, I had menopause for the past 10 years. I had a hystrectomy in the 80, but get this...didn't have the first flash until 10 years ago...when it hit though...whoa Nellie!

JJ

#77246 - 05/24/06 01:30 AM Re: menopause stories
flossie Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Oh dear, sounds like I have a long haul ahead of me!!

I've started with the progesterone cream as the next experiment to see if that helps, although it can take several months for the hormones to kick in.

#77247 - 05/24/06 03:04 AM Re: menopause stories
chickadee Offline

I think ANY sugar brings on my hot flashes/night sweats. I gave up chocolate, my only form of sugar, and the flashes/sweats went away. I was drinking soy milk and taking evening primrose oil. I was fine until i bought chocolate soy milk. Maybe its chocolate but I think sugar reacts with our bodies and we sweat the sweet stuff, so to speak. Of course, I think I am going to be the one to find the actual cause of sweats/flashes, ha ha. I am a stop at nothing researcher when I can't find answers to what I want to know. Heck, I am still researching/interviewing Pill Bull owners because of my intense curiousity about them. [Confused]
chick

[ May 23, 2006, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: chickadee ]

#77248 - 05/24/06 05:52 PM Re: menopause stories
Val Offline

Loc: Pa.
Flossie, I hope you don't mind my jumping in here. I use natural progesterone cream that is compounded by a compounding pharmacist. It has taken most all of my symptoms away including hot flashes and night sweats. Are you using it from a jar or is it a script with measured doses? Chickadee...I agree sugar is a culprit for many of our ails. I try to use stevia whenever possible.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved