The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 145 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#7843 - 02/23/06 12:23 AM Re: Am I Thinking Rationally?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Number5, this sounds so simple, but I mean it with all my heart...one day at a time. God will provide. Keep the faith during this diifcult time. He is the potter, you are the clay. Let Him keep molding you.

I pray you look back on this time as period of tremendous growth in the right direction for your life.

#7844 - 02/23/06 12:45 AM Re: Am I Thinking Rationally?
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
Number5, my thoughts and prayers are with you, as are many others. Sometimes I believe that God tests the faith of those who believe most strongly because He knows they will be able to get through it somehow.

Please know how much we all care and want to know how things turn out for you and your loved ones.

If I could offer more than my prayers and good wishes, I would. But they're all I have to give you under these circumsrances.

#7845 - 02/23/06 01:41 AM Re: Am I Thinking Rationally?
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Thank you NHJackie.

As long as I know all these wonderful thoughts and prayers are covering Katie and I, it will help.

#7846 - 02/23/06 02:01 AM Re: Am I Thinking Rationally?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Number5,
When you are in the court and full of fear, just try to remember that our prayers are all around you protecting you, your daughter and your pecious grandchild.

In my life, God had shown His presence most powerfully when things have been at their worst and when I could not see to take the next step, He held my hand. Faith is not in what you can see or anything you can do in your own power. It is in what God can see and do in His power. And it is made evident when you have done all you can do.

My prayers are with you. I don't know enough to pray for a specific outcome. Instead I will pray for blessings in whatever comes your way.

smile

#7847 - 02/23/06 03:31 AM Re: Am I Thinking Rationally?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Number5 when faced with what seems like insermountable peril I say a prayer my grandmother taught me....

May my words be only sincere and wise, my work honest and true and my thoughts ever kind and merciful. Let me listen with my heart as You do, and readily give my help to all in need. I give you my joys and accept any trials that may come knowing you are near and will draw me closer to your loving Heart.

I hope maybe these words may be of some comfort to you too...Try to remember your strength is needed by your daughter and grandbaby now more than ever. You are in my prayers.

[ February 22, 2006, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#7848 - 02/23/06 03:46 AM Re: Am I Thinking Rationally?
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Ah, the praying grandma...a beautiful thing. Didn't have one myself, neither do my kids, but I am trying to be one.

#7849 - 02/23/06 05:11 AM Re: Am I Thinking Rationally?
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Chatty,
That was the most beautiful prayer I have ever heard . YOu must have had the most wonderful grandmother . I never had the pleasure to enjoy my grandparents. They died before I was born .

Renee

#7850 - 02/23/06 05:57 AM Re: Am I Thinking Rationally?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I was very fortunate that both my father and mothers parents lived a very long lfe. I knew my mothers parents more because we lived in their home and then were there alot even after we moved. My darling mothers mother lived to see and love both my sons and she taught me and them some wonderful life lessons. I feel blessed to have known them all. My Grandmother was a very strong presence in our lives and the most talented woman I have ever known.. there was nothing she could and did not do...

#7851 - 02/23/06 06:03 AM Re: Am I Thinking Rationally?
flipperjo Offline

Loc: ND
number 5, you are surrounded by the praying hearts of mothers - I believe that as mothers we are the strongest prayer warriors around when it concerns one of our children. I also believe that when our own prayers feel like they aren't landing in God's ears, the prayers of other believers keep us in His presence. I know how hard it is to keep your chin up in truly awful circumstances. Acknowledge your feelings and give them a voice during the journey through darkness but always remember that joy will come again.

#7852 - 02/23/06 11:14 PM Re: Am I Thinking Rationally?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
flipper, I couldn't agree more. The community of believers is so important. When we are at our lowest, it is then that others carry us.

number5, find peace in knowing you are being carried in prayer.

You can't stay in a valley too long. You'll be back on the mountain-top again dragging other boomer women back up with you!

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved