The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 179 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#81553 - 04/07/06 06:17 PM Re: Who are we?
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I'm so sorry Lin. This must be such a hard time for you. I'm praying for you now and I'm sure others will as well.
smile

#81554 - 04/07/06 06:21 PM Re: Who are we?
Rev. Dr. Betsie H. Poinsett Offline

Loc: North Georgia Mountains
Dear lin656 -- I understand and right now I'm watching my husband fade away from cancer. I've been crying all week -- just wanted to let you know that I'm reading your posts and sending you lots of love and light. Our son died in 1997 and now Ed will be going......spirit must have something wonderful in store for me to take my loved ones. It takes quite a while to get over a loss like yours - allow yourself the process and be glad that you do have children and grandchildren to help you. Hugs, Rev. Dr. Betsie H. Poinsett

#81555 - 04/07/06 06:48 PM Re: Who are we?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
So much heartache.

Betsie, do you have support during this time? I sure hope you have soem family and friends nearby who can lift you up and give you a break. What is your husband's prognosis?

Lyn, I don't recall where I posted this, but the anticipation of big days during the first year after Mom's death were always worse than the actual days. I know you can't compare the death of a mother to the death of a spouse, but that's all I have to show empahty at this point.

Di,I don't know how one puts closure on a situation like yours. My empathy comes to you from the short period of four years of infertility when I recall wondering what I would do with my life if I never had kids. I'm so sorry you are still living like that.

I don't know where all of you are with your faith, but there's a verse in Corinthians:

My grace is sufficient for you for my power is made perfect in weakness.

I pray God recognizes your weakness during these difficult times and gives you tremendous power to overcome your sadness. He will give you strength.

And I never mean to trivialize anything by sharing verses. My intention is to help.

#81556 - 04/08/06 07:05 AM Re: Who are we?
Snapsister Offline

Hi All: I'm new to this forum, but I'm glad to have gotten here..I thihk...as a 51 widow of 2 young children, I'm never sure of anything. My husband of 27 yrs died 1/25/04. Our children are now 9 and 11. I miss him everyday, as does his children!

I found this forum as I was searching for "midlife crisis" and how much of that plays into the scheme of life right now...how much is widowhood? how much is my own persona?

As I type I'm sitting in a hotel getting ready to audition for acceptance into a university music therapy program....seems that creative outlet is common for midlifers..?? To accept that placement, means uprooting my whole family from the small small town I've always lived to the city..its a gamble in all respects, emotionally, educationally, and financially...(I'm poor:-0) I'm not sure what to do...what is in the best interest of everyone? THe kids are getting an adequate, but certainly not *fine* education...and I look at being financially solvent in 2 years if I stay put. I work part time doing music therapy w/o the credentials (nor calling myself that)

I want my husband back...I want my life back. I want that surity that came in those earlier years. I want to know that I'm doing the right thing, even if I fail at it all, that its the right thing to do...to try.

I'm just lost lost lost and have 2 young ones depending on me...it gets a bit overwhelming somedays! I need to do whats right for them, as well as for me, as well as for us as a family..Whats the answer to that?

well, I feel better having vented....what a way to make an introduction! Now I better go practice a bit before I head off to the University

Thanks for being here...
[Confused]

#81557 - 04/08/06 07:10 AM Re: Who are we?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Marla, I'm catching you right after you posted. Good luck with your audition. I think it's great that you have the gumption to do this. That shows you are heading in the right direction.

I'm sure being a widow of relatively young kids is tough. Do you have family in town?

I hope you will browse BWS and www.nabbw.com. Both sites should be instrumental in helping you on your journey.

Stick around. We have loads of fun together.

#81558 - 04/08/06 07:14 AM Re: Who are we?
Snapsister Offline

Is it gumption or stupidity? Am I just trying to capture the lost youth? Am I chasing after rainbows? Am I running from the sadness?

I feel like it could be a new life, but is that really just a midlife response, particularly a midlife response as a widow.

I'm most fearful of the change of lifesytle from a very remote country setting to fully urban...YIKES...is that nuts?
m

#81559 - 04/08/06 07:42 AM Re: Who are we?
Snapsister Offline

p.s Thanks Dotsie....forgot my manners there for a minute....I appreciate the note and the support. I'll post a note when I get back to a computer today to let you know how I did. I'm not so keen on performing for "professionals"...but this part at least is not going to change anything...yet...I think..maybe, Heck, I dunno:-0

#81560 - 04/08/06 03:08 AM Re: Who are we?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Welcome snapsister to the forum and I for one hope you knock their socks off....Follow your heart, recapture your youth if you can and why not? You are still here, still alive as are the rest of us widows and I for one try to make my husbands (widowed twice) proud of what I have become and strong for my children in their fathers absence....As the saying goes; Life goes on. Maybe not happily all the time but it does go on none the less. God is always by your side just ask when you need his comfort, he gives it freely.

#81561 - 04/08/06 05:04 AM Re: Who are we?
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
Marla - no matter how you do on your audition - we're all very proud of you for just TRYING OUT!!

Living is all about the journey -- and you have started out on a new adventure. It may not be the path you choose to follow forever - but it's a path just the same. And if it doesn't work out the way you thought it might - no biggie - there's another adventure just around the corner.

GOOD LUCK !!

#81562 - 04/08/06 03:50 PM Re: Who are we?
Dotsie Offline
Founder

so, how did it go?

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved