The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 143 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#81674 - 05/07/06 04:31 AM Re: walking challenge
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Painting definitely counts as exercise, especially for the upper body.

For the record - I walked 45 minutes yesterday and 45 minutes today with a friend. Also walked around two festivals today, and gardened. I'm pooped.

Bluebird, I couldn't agree more. My only problem is that I justify too much snacking.

#81675 - 05/08/06 12:34 AM Re: walking challenge
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
I walked to church today...22 minutes there....with an hour break for mass....and then walked briskly back home and then some...to make the walk back total 30 minutes...it was sunny and beautiful, although a little windy..

Chatty...painting definitely counts...you are so wonderful...you are ALWAYS helping someone!!!!

#81676 - 05/08/06 10:46 PM Re: walking challenge
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Blondi, I have to laugh at your walk to chruch. I also walked to church but it's directly across the street from my home so it doens't count. You got in a pretty good walk. Great idea.

I wlaked for 45 minutes with my friend again. Am not walking today. It's raining, but am wlaking bright and early tomorrow morning.

#81677 - 05/08/06 11:07 PM Re: walking challenge
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow, I really like this new forum! I love walking and walk my dog at least 1.4 miles a day in addition to other walking, I also like charity walks and when I lived in Germany I very much enjoyed volks marching, yet there is no such club in my local area. But, some of you gals may look into the same for your areas as it may be a good way to meet others if you're single! (hint, hint) [Roll Eyes]

Also, I find walking very peaceful and helps me work through some issues that may be bothering me at the days end or prepare how I shall address an issue that day.

#81678 - 05/09/06 08:24 PM Re: walking challenge
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Mustang, thanks for the reminder to do charity walks. We have so many in Baltimore. I think that may be soemthing I'll do on weekend in my enpty nest.

No walk yesterday andmy friend called and cancelled out on our 6:15 morning walk for today. Perhaps I'll get one in later.

#81679 - 05/15/06 06:23 PM Re: walking challenge
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I've only walked twice since the 9th and one of those walks was a nice long stroll with Ross and our dog. I don't count that.

How's everyone doing?

#81680 - 05/15/06 10:02 PM Re: walking challenge
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Hi,
I'm here to cheer you all on.
When I broke my leg,ankle a few years ago my challenge was to walk again. This was before the soft casts they have today.
When I started I walked a 1/2 block and back the next day was 1 block and on. Today I am up to two miles.
Walking with family. Now a friend has moved in. We call each other whenever we feel like walking. She told me I am the only friend she can call on the spur of the moment and will walk.
There are so many things to see and it changes every day.
Good for all of you who are excercising somehow.
Congratulations.
Maggie

#81681 - 05/16/06 02:21 AM Re: walking challenge
AvalonBlondi Offline

I'm still walking each morning...but I'm still at the beach and everything is flat down here...the real test will be in 2 weeks when I go home to PA ...everything is so hilly there...it won't be quite so easy...I hope I can continue this program then.

#81682 - 05/17/06 05:05 AM Re: walking challenge
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Now Nancy my friend the hillys in Philly (LOL) will be the best part of your walking exercise. Go for it you'll see a difference in your upper thighs and butt almost immediately. I tried a really fast walking stride today and nearly bent over as my breath left my body, too much too soon. Easy old girl, I thought to myself

#81683 - 05/18/06 07:53 AM Re: walking challenge
AvalonBlondi Offline

Chatty...I am so envious that you get to do some of your "hiking" in a pool...that must feel fantastic!!..I didn't walk today beacuse I am cleaning like crazy...my summer tenants take over at the beach next Thursday...but the houses are 3 stories with lots and lots of steps...I ran up and down a jillion times today so i gave myself a pass on the walking....y old muscles are really aching tonight!!! [Smile]

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved