The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 91 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#81716 - 06/15/06 10:53 PM Re: walking challenge
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Chatty, pick me up on the way, k? I'm east of you..

#81717 - 06/15/06 11:12 PM Re: walking challenge
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Don't tempt me I just might surprise you. Gladly Bluebird, what a time we would all have.

#81718 - 06/19/06 02:18 AM Re: walking challenge
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Well I may not be pool walking right now but are you familar with the term person dragging? Ever tried walking a 100 pound Newfoundland that seems to have had no kind of obedience training? Whoa is me, my shoes are smokin from tryen to slow down some, oh my God...HEEELLLPPP!

#81719 - 06/19/06 02:24 AM Re: walking challenge
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Hi chatty. Have you tried a gentle leader? I have two dogs that would pull my arms out of my sockets. I tried the Gentle Leader and it really works - no more pulling. It fits around the nose and up behind the ears so has to be fitted properly, but the dogs are so much easier to walk now!! It's now a joy to walk with them.

#81720 - 06/19/06 01:41 PM Re: walking challenge
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
My Weim drags me, but she is getting better as she is aging. She's 3 years old now. I tried the Gentle Leader on her and she tried to get it off during every walk. I've seen many people use it successfuly at the dog park, though.

Daisygirl

#81721 - 06/20/06 07:48 AM Re: walking challenge
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
Hi Daisygirl. My dog has been wearing a gentle leader for 7 or 8 years and still tries to paw it off. But I'm not taking him anywhere without it. Some dogs are just so darn stubborn! [Smile]

#81722 - 06/20/06 02:58 AM Re: walking challenge
chatty lady Offline
Writer

A lot of the people at the dog park use those. I just didn't want to stress poor Smoochie out anymore than she already was. Yes, I spoiled my children too...LOL [Big Grin] She did much better today, she is as smart as can be and I think she was just so stressed. After all her family is missing... [Frown] I'm worried about her because as thin as she is she doesn't want to eat and I have been giving her ground broiled steak and veges just to coax her to eat. We're waiting for her blood work to come back to Dr. Mike. She should be about 50 pounds heavier than she is.
I'm not leaving the house or her until we know something. I don't want to have to kennel her and would if I were gone. Luckily my authors can come here to the house for the time being and my girlfriends are shopping for me today. Everyone loves her and are willing to do whatever it takes....
Yonuh I had to laugh at the comment, some dogs are just so stubborn. Thats my Yorkie Reeta, she thinks she is in charge of everything and lets us know it, loud and clear. [Wink]

[ June 19, 2006, 08:00 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#81723 - 06/20/06 05:15 PM Re: walking challenge
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Chatty, thank goodness your new child has you to care for her!

Daisygirl

#81724 - 06/21/06 02:46 AM Re: walking challenge
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Thanks Daisygorl, update on Smoochie the Newfoundland....She is at the vet hospital now with IV's and will be having surgery to see if her internal damage can be repaired. She has several ruptures and slow bleeding into her stomach cavity. The vets say it looks like she had either been kicked numerous times or was pushed from a moving vehicle. I knew something had to be wrong yet she is so sweet and attached herself to me like a magnet. She would fall asleep and whimper and jerk. They say she must be in pain and yet she is so gentle and loving. I am so mad and so heartsick that so called humans could do such things....Keep up the prayers please...

[ June 20, 2006, 07:48 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#81725 - 07/24/06 02:04 AM Re: walking challenge [Re: chatty lady]
Phyllis0618 Offline

Loc: Oakland County, Michigan
Hi..anyone live in Michigan? I need a walking partner and getting up early sounds great. Last month we purchased Comcast TV. They offer an exercise on TV feature.

About a week ago, I started with their walking for over 40 and that gets boring. Next, I have started 10 minutes of body toning for the thighs, chest and stomach. Boy that feels good and looks better.

I need about 20 pounds off me just to get down to 140 pounds. That is not skinny but will work. Most of my meals are good with some cheating once in a while. Emotionally this is a real challenge. Finding what is bothering me and facing it is also a challenge. I have been on many forums with different topics. Hope I open up to myself through others.

Used to walk 10 miles a day when there was someone who pushed me. Lost 35 pounds and felt great but that took time. Lost that partner and went to hell. Hope hearing from all of you will keep me energized. Thanks.

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved