The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 170 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#84493 - 08/06/06 06:42 PM Oh boy...but do I deserve a bloomin' rant, you bet
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Where do I start? Firstly, there is nothing like a week with your immediate family to remind you why you moved away from them in the first place. I swear...I was waiting for the 'mothership' to come and get me and the baby! My partner wisely stayed out of this particular visit!! My oldest has lost the plot...and you guessed it...yup...it is ALL my fault!! Yup, it was me...I did it all....created the whole in the ozone etc!!! Two days back in Belfast and letters from Corrymeela....no we didn't get shorlisted...more like bloomin' short shifted!!! Homophobic?
It's fine that we fill the lower position of volunteers for 20 odd blinkin' years....but allow a same sex couple near there glass ceiling...yada yada yada!!! I am soooo hurt, there so called christian ethos is a phallacy( I don't give a toss if am spelling right or wrong...ya'll get the drift).
My partners ego is bruised more, she feels that it may be more to to with not being qualified for the job in her case...oh such naivety! I wish I felt the same. My heart and soul are bruised, so much so that I nearly decided that I would never volunteer there again! Then I thought better...why should I let whatever the ignorance is stop me from adding to peoples lives every summer. My focus, thank God came back to the people I am of service to and their needs.So, back to plan A....to take over the world!!!! No, I actually do have other great plans and dreams that can be acheived and involve being of service to others less well off than myself..as well as doing something I am passionate about...making jewllery and teaching other people the craft of designing and making something beautiful. Whew...I almost feel uplifted now...and greatful even. Thank God for orios...Ella and cotton pj's. Ranting over. Cheers for Boomers.

Popea.

p.s I wonder should I bring my appointment with my therapists forward???..lol.
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#84494 - 08/06/06 08:57 PM Re: Oh boy...but do I deserve a bloomin' rant, you [Re: Poppie]
mrs_madness Offline

Loc: Moscow
Love your spirit and style, rant on! I'm reading. Can't help ya but love the post. Don't go away.

#84495 - 08/06/06 10:38 PM Re: Oh boy...but do I deserve a bloomin' rant, you [Re: mrs_madness]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Popea,
I'm so sorry that you two didn't get the post you wanted. Your heart was set on it I know and I can only imagine how disappointed you are; and hurt if that's truly the reason. Oh, how sad and narrow-minded. I just have to believe that God has something greater in mind...you think?

I also keep thinking, .... it's their loss.

Sending hugs over the cyberwaves....JJ

#84496 - 08/06/06 11:28 PM Re: Oh boy...but do I deserve a bloomin' rant, you [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Thats family for you, in some instances. I would say "consider the source." When you do that it does actually make things easier to endure somehow Popea.
There are those people in our lives, yea we all have a few, that no matter what we do, walk on water, find a cure for Cancer, learn how to grow money on trees, they would still find something to bi%^$ about. So again I say, consider the source and tell them to "&^%$#&*# off" under your breath while smiling sweetly to their face....Dam that feels good!

Edited by Dotsie (08/07/06 08:37 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#84497 - 08/07/06 07:11 AM Re: Oh boy...but do I deserve a bloomin' rant, you [Re: chatty lady]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Have you heard this quote before, Popea?

-- Be aware that a halo has to fall only a few inches to be a noose.
Dan McKinnon

If I have learned anything as I've grown older, then it's similar to what Chatty says; tell them to "&^%$#&*# under your breath...only I wouldn't be smiling sweetly, I'd turn my back and leave till they; full of wonderment, pain, and hurt call and say "What's wrong?" Then you are sitting on the throne, for a change.

#84498 - 08/07/06 01:07 PM Re: Oh boy...but do I deserve a bloomin' rant, you [Re: Edelweiss]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
You DO deserve a rant! I'm so sorry this happened to you. In my family, I'm sure I'm to blame for Desert Storm and the Viet Nam war. Amazing how one woman or two, can be so powerful. Hang in there.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#84499 - 08/07/06 08:40 PM Re: Oh boy...but do I deserve a bloomin' rant, you [Re: Dianne]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Popea, amazing how much a difference is made by writing about things, huh? I'm happy you can come here and get it all out.

You are wise to continue to follow your passion by going back summer after summer even when they won't hire you for the other job. YOU are showing true Christianity and that's all that matters. I feel certain God will work this our for your good. He always does.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved