The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 130 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#84940 - 08/11/06 03:37 AM Re: friends? *DELETED* [Re: Eagle Heart]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Post deleted by jawjaw

#84941 - 08/11/06 06:19 AM Re: friends? [Re: jawjaw]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Well, now you can't say no one responded to your post!

I for one take the time to browse all forums but sometimes, especially where issues being shared are of a sensitive nature, one takes time to digest and ponder on what one can contribute positively. If my contribution cuts across the grain, I reserve not to participate i.e. "saving my breath to cool my porridge". As it has already been pointed out, no one gets ignored here. This is proof of that. Please allow us to get our bearing on occasions when your post is bypassed for some reason or another. One thing I am sure of is, on those occasions when a post was not responded to, it was not meant to cause you any hurt.

#84942 - 08/11/06 06:22 AM Re: friends? [Re: Eagle Heart]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Jackie and Eagle: Should'nt you be saying SNAP!

#84943 - 08/11/06 07:05 AM Re: friends? [Re: Eagle Heart]
female Offline
stranger

This was mainly about people calling on the phone with the pretense of wanting to ask about me, then just talking about themselves. But thank you to all the replies. Janine? no, my name is Marie Elizabeth.

#84944 - 08/11/06 12:38 PM Re: friends? [Re: female]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I think sometimes people call and ask about you when they really need to get something off of their own chest. It's just normal protocal to ask how the other is doing first. It would be rude to call up and start talking about themselves immediately. Without knowing the entire circumstances, I guess I shouldn't say anything but I know I am guilty of calling my friends when I need to talk about something for myself. My friends know that I am here to listen to them as well when they have something they need to talk about too. I kind of think of it as therapy. Once I've talked over my problem with my friends, for some reason, my problem doesn't seem as big as it did before. I hope that I do the same for them.

#84945 - 08/11/06 01:35 PM Re: friends? [Re: TVC15]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Marie Elizabeth, I know exactly what you're talking about in regard to peaople calling and then just talking about themselves. I remember one call in particular that really hit home on that point. I had just met this woman in a store and we struck up a wonderful conversation, seemed to immediately enjoy each other's company and exchanged phone numbers. She called me a few days later, and without barely saying hello, launched into a 2-hour conversation all about herself, her family, her children, her woes, her everything. I'm not exaggerating when I say I didn't even get one complete sentence said in the entire 2-hours! And then when I told her I had to go because I wanted to kiss my husband good-night before he went to bed, she still wouldn't let me go! I was furious. After several attempts to get her to stop, I finally yelled into the phone (and I'm usually a rather meek, mild person) I HAVE TO GO - AND PLEASE DON'T CALL ME AGAIN.

She never did. I don't have many friends here, for a variety of reasons, and a new friend would have been a welcome relief, but really, who needs people like that?! I'd rather be alone than having to endure listening to too many more monologues like that!

I don't know what the solution is. Being here might help, though. It sure helped me through a very broken chapter of my life. Nobody here deliberately ignores posts, and if your post does get buried (that definitely happens here), just bring it back up and say "hey, I need somebody to listen"...we will, we do and we care.

(Maya Angelou)

#84946 - 08/11/06 02:15 PM Re: friends? [Re: Eagle Heart]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Hi Marie Elizabeth, got to just say ditto to Eagle Heart's post. She can hit the soft spot. Where are you from? If you like, tell us something about yourself.

#84947 - 08/11/06 06:21 PM Re: friends? [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Now that is a beautiful name Marie Elizabeth, we are here to listen and you can write as much as you want to, kind of like talking. We will respond but I have seen some posts covered over almost as soon as they were posted by another person eager to get her message out. Then one day maybe weeks later someone browsing around the topics, will see your post and bring it back up adding a reply, then other women see it and join in. When the group is as large as this one is, it sometimes takes awhile to be heard, be patient and hang in there. So far as inconsiderant people on the phone go, just hang up if they won't shut up and that rarely will get you a call back, which you don't want anyhow. Sometimes drastic measures are necessary....

Edited by chatty lady (08/11/06 06:23 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#84948 - 08/11/06 07:54 PM Re: friends? [Re: chatty lady]
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Have you ever had a "friend" who breathed in the middle of her sentences so you wouldn't have a chance to say anything? One evening I fell asleep for a few minutes and when I woke up, she was still blabbing and didn't even notice I wasn't responding! I guess I should've snored.

laurapoplin.com

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved