The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 173 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#85172 - 08/20/06 10:05 PM Re: The Best Bedsheets? [Re: flipperjo]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I get a catalog that specalizes in those extra fit sheets for thick mattresses, I can't remember the name and can't find an old catalog right now but one should be coming before Christmas, and I will post the name. They are very reasonable and also carry the mattress toppers that are just like a pillow top mattress. Darn I hate when I can't remember something....

Edited by chatty lady (08/20/06 10:06 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#85173 - 08/20/06 11:08 PM Re: The Best Bedsheets? [Re: chatty lady]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Quote:

Darn I hate when I can't remember something....

Well, Chatty, as long as you remember to come here and spend time with us...that's something we won't let you forget!

(Maya Angelou)

#85174 - 08/21/06 08:21 PM Re: The Best Bedsheets? [Re: Eagle Heart]
judym Offline

Loc: AL
You can always get good sheets at Bed Bath and Beyond, or Linens and Things - actually Target has had a 300 count set very reasonable for some time now. They do wrinkle up, though, in the dryer - best to hang them out if you can (goodness, the fresh scent alone makes up for a lot of woes...). Stay away from the percale, even if it means less wrinkes. They make pills in time (that doggone polyester) and are scratchy then. All cotton sheets have gotten VERY expensive lately, you can find them from 80 to over 400. for qs sets. They make some from Bamboo now, avail. at Target and Bed Bath and Beyond, I understand they are very soft yet cool (important!) and launder very well - also are a low-impact renewable resource. Anyone with the bamboo fabric sheets out there, give a shout out for your comparison!

#85175 - 08/22/06 01:37 PM Re: The Best Bedsheets? [Re: judym]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
judym, I haven't seen the bambbo sheets, but will look for them. I have one last trip to Linens and Things to do with my daughter before she leaves for college so I'll check them out. Sounds odd, but then again, we eat animals and that totally freaks me out. Why not sleep on bamboo? What's next?

#85176 - 08/22/06 05:39 PM Re: The Best Bedsheets?
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I've never heard of bamboo sheets either. My granddaughter (5) will appreciate that! She's half Chinese and loves all things Chinese. She'd be so tickled and delighted to be sleeping on bamboo sheets...of course, they'd have to be made out of LUCKY bamboo.

(Maya Angelou)

#85177 - 08/23/06 02:27 AM Re: The Best Bedsheets? [Re: Eagle Heart]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Thanks Flipperjo and every else, too..for all of the good info. Sounds like Target and Linens and Things are in my future!

JJ

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved