The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 86 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#88779 - 11/22/06 01:58 PM Re: Reality Hits [Re: Sadie]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Thanks Renee. Another case of kismet. I was online this morning looking up information and ran across this site. I already sent my dad the link, too.

I love the women here. Thanks everyone for your support, wisdom and love.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#88780 - 11/22/06 05:06 PM Re: Reality Hits [Re: Anno]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
I have been down that road with Alz . When my mother died of Alz in March of this year I told my friends to donate to the Alz Ass in my mother's name , they need to find a cure . I want to Volunteer in there off here in Maryland

Let me know if I can help further .

Renee

#88781 - 11/22/06 11:13 PM Re: Reality Hits [Re: Sadie]
Anno Offline

I really appreciate your support Renee. I just thought of the perfect gift for Christmas. I have a small recorder (about the size of a finger) and I am going to buy one for my mother, so that she can keep track of lists, thoughts, etc.

#88782 - 11/22/06 11:15 PM Re: Reality Hits [Re: Anno]
Anno Offline

Renee
I am so sorry to hear that you lost your mother to alz. I am very proud of you and your friends to find such a wonderful way to celebrate her life.

#88783 - 11/24/06 05:04 AM Re: Reality Hits [Re: Anno]
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
I have been thinking of getting into a support for grief councling after losing her . I miss her these holidays and not family now. My husband has two sister's our of town . I have a daughter and husband here in town and lots and lots of friends. I have two relatives, but I need to stay away
from them.

Renee
I go onto the message broad at Alz Assoc and the chat room and talk with people and that can help you down the road also.

#88784 - 11/24/06 07:44 AM Re: Reality Hits
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I haven't posted yet here, because AZ is a very sensitive subject for me.
I think I have an AZ phobia.
As a teenager I worked in old age homes. I think I was too young or too naïve to work with dementia patients, because it has implanted a negative and frightening impression on me to this day. I'm scared to death of AZ; for me and for loved ones. I can't fathom anything worse then loosing ones mind. My mother seems to get more forgetful and confused then I think normal. I don't really know what the first signs of AZ are, but I have been suppressing the reality of this new development with my mom, for fear of finding out the worst.
After following your posts, I sense strength and a positive attitude from so many of you, which I know I have to develop. Especially Renee's phrase "I will remain emotionally detached." I got to try to master that. Oh boy, not sure if I can. I could cry just at the thought of loosing my Mom like that.
Many of you ladies have supported your parents along this way.
I just want to express my utmost respect and sympathies. If I ever should have to deal with a similar situation, hopefully I'll have at least half the strength that you all show.

#88785 - 11/24/06 01:02 PM Re: Reality Hits [Re: Edelweiss]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hannelore, if you think your mom might be a little forgetful, you might want to take her to the doctors. They'll do a little test with her to see if she is indeed heading in this direction.

The good news is that we have a loved one who has the early stages of dementia and there is medicine that can help. After discerning that it is indeed dementia, the doctor prescribed and it is really helping his clarity overall. There is still some confusion, but he is doing considerably better.

I mean no disrespect by this comment, but sometimes I think I should start taking it.

Hannelore, God will give you what you need to help your mom should this be the case. I never thought I cold watch Mom dwindle away to death due to her cancer, but I did. And I have to say that because of my faith, I was able to give her what she needed ,and that was the assurance that she was going to a better place to be with her God. You will be surprised at the strength you can find during such a difficult time.

#88786 - 11/24/06 04:34 PM Re: Reality Hits
Anno Offline

Hannelore, get your mom to the doctor. The sooner you know, the more that can be done to slow down the memory loss. This is not the time for denial.

Mom was great yesterday. Her new medications make her a bit nauseus, but her memory was great and her attitude even better. She was the best I have seen her in a long time.

#88787 - 11/24/06 05:57 PM Re: Reality Hits [Re: Anno]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
See, now I needed someone to tell me that. Mom and I share the same family doctor. I'll give him a call Monday. Thanks for the gentle shove, Anno.

Quote:

I mean no disrespect by this comment, but sometimes I think I should start taking it.

Oh Dotsie, it took me almost 3 minutes to figure out what you meant. Gosh, maybe I should get examined as well.

#88788 - 11/24/06 11:31 PM Re: Reality Hits [Re: Edelweiss]
Anno Offline

Hannelore
Hope it was a "gentle shove". Like Dotsie, and you and me, and so many others, we all have a bit of memory loss, but when it begins to get in the way of a good life, it is time to ask for outside help.
The best to you.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved