The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 165 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#90167 - 10/15/06 02:06 AM Re: Dancing with the Stars [Re: chatty lady]
Pam R. Offline

I'm a big country music fan (even though I live in NY and we don't even have a country radio station any longer)and I love Sara Evan's music. I know she is not the "best" dancer on the show but I really like her. I feel so bad that she is going through such a difficult time in her life.
P.S. I got lucky last year and had tickets to the Country Music Awards at Madison Square Gdn. in NYC. GREAT SHOW!!!

#90168 - 10/15/06 02:15 AM Re: Dancing with the Stars [Re: Pam R.]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I'm not a country music fan, but I liked Sara on the show. She is so sweet and although not one of the better dancers, she tries so hard. The night she did Boots, she was great. I was shocked to read that she had to quit the show and what is going on in her life. It's a shame she had to quit the show.

Last night we went to see Trisha Yearwood. My husband likes country music. I'm not a fan and she didn't manage to convert me either, but she put on a good show. She does have a couple of songs I know and like and she sang them, so I was glad of that. It's a small theatre so our seats were very close to the stage.

Louisa

#90169 - 10/15/06 04:25 AM Re: Dancing with the Stars [Re: Louisa]
49erDonna Offline

Loc: California
I too was shocked to read that Sara left the show. I hope everything works out for her. It sounds like she's going through a tough time.

How neat to get to go see Trisha Yearwood. From what I hear, her shows are good.

I am a late-bloomer country fan. With the exception of Kenny Rogers, I never used to listen to country music but I am really becoming a fan. i like the stories that the songs tell. My favorites are Faith Hill and Martina Mcbride.

Donna

#90170 - 10/17/06 02:01 AM Re: Dancing with the Stars [Re: 49erDonna]
Louisa Offline

Has anyone read the comments on aol about Sara and her husband? There's a story too where he says he denies it all. He sort of tries to blame her for some of it and for bringing it into the public eye. Save the children and all. I don't belive him. I think he's doing damage control now and trying to save his sorry butt. Was he worried about the children when he was with their nanny? I hate to be judgemental, but I think he's lying. I'm so sick of these creeps. Tomorrow night they are going to have an interview with Sara about leaving the show on the show.

I keep thinking of the judges on the show and her dancing. They have been trying to get her out of her shell and it hasn't been easy for her. I don't think she's the type to be aggressive enough to make all that up for the sake of publicity. If she was, she would be a more aggressive dancer. I hope her lawyers do a dance on him if he did ANY of this.

I guess this has riled me up tonight.

Louisa

Edited by Louisa (10/17/06 02:03 AM)

#90171 - 10/17/06 01:19 PM Re: Dancing with the Stars [Re: Louisa]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Donna, I am also a late blooming country fan. I saw Kenny Rogers years ago and he was such a great performer, but he was one of the only country singers I ever liked. Then my son started going to school in SC... Then my daughter began listening to country too. Now I love it. The kids have given me a couple country CDS. They are now some of my favorite gifts.

Sorry, I don't watch Dancing ...

Edited by Dotsie (10/17/06 01:23 PM)

#90172 - 10/17/06 03:00 PM Re: Dancing with the Stars
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
If she has a restraining order out on the hub, it isn't hard to read between the lines, is it? These guys always deny it. Was he thinking of the kids when he did whatever it was?

I'm a country music fan. Love Big & Rich.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#90173 - 10/17/06 07:36 PM Re: Dancing with the Stars [Re: Dianne]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
I agree with you Louisa, I think he is lying. It's amazing what some people can do and be convincing. I will say, I could tell by how she looked that something was the matter with her. She looked like someone trying very hard to cover a tired look with the costume, smile and make-up. Anyway, there was something off about her appearance, and I just took it she was tired. Now we know.

I feel bad for her, I was voting for her because I could tell how much passion she had for dancing and wanting to grow into it.

Ironically, I am not a C&W fan. I have tried to be, because the artists are such good and down to earth people. Now bluegrass music is a different story. I love that!

Cheers,
Cathi

#90174 - 10/17/06 08:20 PM Re: Dancing with the Stars [Re: Wisdom&Life]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I just hope she stands up for herself and funny Cathi you would say that, I was telling someone just two weeks earlier that Sara's eyes, or rather behind her eyes, there was something that didn't look right, a sadness or fear!!I figured maybe it was the contest but then that didn't make any sense either, she is a seasoned performer. I guess we can just wait until tonight and see. Me, I love country, it is most of what I sang professionally.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#90175 - 10/18/06 02:30 AM Re: Dancing with the Stars [Re: chatty lady]
Louisa Offline

It sounds like she is standing up for herself or the story wouldn't be news. I can't believe how the show is standing by her. I think it's great, but then again it may be for the ratings. I've seen tonight's show but won't comment yet in case some of you haven't seen it yet due to time differences. This guy is a slime and it will all come out in the wash.

Louisa

#90176 - 10/25/06 04:55 AM Re: Dancing with the Stars [Re: chatty lady]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Wow, what a show tonight. I swear its hard to stay in my chair while watching this show. I think the last 4 couples should be a 4 way tie. I don't mean Jerry, although he has done very well for his age and talent. But I'm pretty sure he will be leaving tomorrow night.

Edited by chatty lady (10/25/06 04:56 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved