The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 136 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#90885 - 10/06/06 09:07 PM Re: How Do I Respond/How? [Re: Dee]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dee, and I would add that you ask the police to please keep your call confidential. I wouldn't want her to find out that you called.

#90886 - 10/06/06 11:44 PM Re: How Do I Respond/How?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Dee,
This has to be so stressful for everyone. I believe I would tell the police as well. And her preacher, pastor, or church family. At least you would have done all you could do with the restraints and worry you have for your own safety. Good luck with it all. And by all means, make sure the police keep things in strictiest confidence!

JJ

#90888 - 10/08/06 03:57 AM Re: How Do I Respond/How? [Re: ]
Dee Offline

Wow...thanks for all your support and advice. It helps so much hearing your responses. I put a call in to the Chief of Police and am waiting on his return call. I will request our conversation be confidential and do what I can to protect my husband and myself. My husband and I tried 2 years ago to get mom counseling to show her how she's enabling Robin to continue her destructive behavior but my MIL refuses to do anything...or to get counseling for herself. I've learned that there's only so much I can do and the rest has to be left in God's hands.
Thank you again, everyone, for your kind words of support. It means the world to me.

#90890 - 10/08/06 10:29 PM Re: How Do I Respond/How? [Re: ]
Dee Offline

My MIL is in as much denial as her daughter...she refuses to do anything herself...perhaps this is where her daughter gets it.

#90891 - 10/08/06 11:42 PM Re: How Do I Respond/How? [Re: Dee]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I've learned...you can lead a horse to water...same thing with people who really need therapy. They either don't want to go, don't think it will help or don't think there is a problem. Those who refuse to go are usually the ones who need it the most.

Dee, there doesn't seem to be much more that you can do. It has somehow become your problem and I'm thinking it's because you're a very caring person. I guess there are things you just have to put in God's hands and pray for a good outcome.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#90892 - 10/09/06 12:36 AM Re: How Do I Respond/How? [Re: Dianne]
Dee Offline

You're right, Diane...I do care. I'm still an outsider (the DIL) and I've been told that if I try to pursue doing something about this that my MIL is going to be very angry, so...there you have it. I keep praying and have put it in God's hands.

#90893 - 10/09/06 03:06 PM Re: How Do I Respond/How? [Re: Dee]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Congrats Dee. I know that isn't easy. Now just be careful not to take it back!

Edited by Dotsie (10/09/06 03:07 PM)

#90894 - 10/11/06 03:33 AM Re: How Do I Respond/How?
von62653 Offline
stranger

Loc: South Florida
Speaking as a partially rehabilated enabler, I can tell you that your MIL doesn't want to believe her child is as bad as she is because, after all, it's her child. I was like that with my son for years. Nothing as serious as this, but lending money that doesn't get paid back, believing lies, etc.

I am in counseling now and it is helping me and also helping the way my son reacts toward me. He hasn't asked for money in quite some time now and I truly believes he respects me more now.

I hope your MIL finally gets it and goes to counseling.

I agree with the others - take care of yourself and your family first because it doesn't sound like your MIL wants your help.

Good luck.

#90895 - 10/12/06 01:02 AM Re: How Do I Respond/How? [Re: von62653]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Dee, please see your private message from me. Thanks, JJ

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved