The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 129 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#91669 - 10/14/06 03:49 AM When I Wanted to let go of it all...
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
A couple of wonderful women on this web site encouraged me to post probably the most vulnerable and heartwrenching time of my life in hopes that it might reach out to someone else who is facing similar crises in their life. My sister, Debra, who is facing her own demons at the moment, has found hope in my true story and that alone has been worth it. I hope whoever reads it will find something to hang on to when life is at it's most desperate...
I won't say anymore about what happened to me; I will let you read the story for youself.
The link is: http://www.boomerwomenspeak.com/display_stories.php?item_id=1311

Bless all of you who read it

#91670 - 10/14/06 06:42 AM Re: When I Wanted to let go of it all... [Re: Dee]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Dee: I have just read your article. As the situation you have written of progressed, I read it with a gasp and tug in the heart because from a great depth, love surfaced and triumphed. And for that wonderful moment, I pray in thanksgiving that you are here, Dee. God bless and may all continue to be well.

#91671 - 10/14/06 01:02 PM Re: When I Wanted to let go of it all... [Re: Lola]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I was one of those who encouraged Dee to share her story. I have received over 600 stories since launching BWS and only two of them were about this topic. The writer of the other story chose not to publish at the last minute even though I told her she could remain anonymous. When Dee's story came through, she chose not to share too, which I respected. Then I heard for Dee again almost a year later. She realized the value of her story because her sister was so touched by it so she chose to publish it here aat BWS with the hope that others would be touched and alerted to the fact that they are not alone. Thanks Dee, for your courage.It's promising to know how much life can change when we choose life because of the love of and for others.

#91672 - 10/14/06 01:25 PM Re: When I Wanted to let go of it all...
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

As I told Dee yesterday, I read the story and it wasn't till the end that I realized I was holding my breath. At first I thought it was fiction, then as I read on I could see that this was her life. I was so angry that the world had hurt her so and brought her to this place of dispair! But as Dotsie has said, love triumphed over all.

What a beautiful, courageous thing you have done, Dee. Sharing your worst, yet victorious moment! You can be assured that women out there will be reading this, possibly just lurking and never joining, but reading this and for the first time, experience feelings of hope BECAUSE OF YOU.

Although you'll never know how many lives your story will touch, or help, I know in my heart it will be many. Starting with me. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for having the courage AND love to share it all. You are truly an instrument of hope.

JJ

#91673 - 10/14/06 03:19 PM Re: When I Wanted to let go of it all... [Re: jawjaw]
Dee Offline

Dear Lola, Dotsie and JJ,

You have touched my heart with your love of support and encouragement. You mean the world to me and I've found such a lovely group of women on this site. YOU and my sister gave me the courage to go forward with my story and with support like this who would not want others to know there is hope after so much pain. The feeling of being ashamed no longer comes to my mind about what I went through. Strengh and hope prevailed and God's blessing have been overflowing since that night in the Attic. I guess the message is never give up hope even in our darkest moments. I'm so glad I didn't...life is good. Life is very, very good.

#91674 - 10/14/06 03:47 PM Re: When I Wanted to let go of it all... [Re: Dee]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Dee, I just read your story and I'm crying. Crying for the pain you've endured but also for the happiness you've found. I want to thank you so much for sharing your story because my cousin's husband just left her to return to his ex wife and she's having such a difficult time. I'm going to send her to read your story because it will give her hope. Bless you, dear lady.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#91675 - 10/14/06 04:18 PM Re: When I Wanted to let go of it all... [Re: Dianne]
Dee Offline

Bless you for your kind words and I know your sister will be okay eventually. Give her my love and tell her not to give up hope. I'm here if she needs me to give her more encouragement. Bless you too, sweetheart.

#91677 - 10/14/06 07:07 PM Re: When I Wanted to let go of it all... [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
All I can or will say Dee is "WOW" and thank you for such honesty.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#91678 - 10/14/06 07:17 PM Re: When I Wanted to let go of it all... [Re: chatty lady]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Dee, I read your story earlier today but couldn't respond at that time. I'm REALLY glad you survived to share your story...trust me, it will help more people in more ways than you can ever imagine. Thank you for choosing life that day, and thank you for sharing your life with us.

(Maya Angelou)

#91679 - 10/14/06 07:47 PM Re: When I Wanted to let go of it all... [Re: Eagle Heart]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Dee, thank you for this story. It will be an ispiration to many - to be at the bottom and end up on the top! Congratulations on your courage to share this story with so many.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved