The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 133 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#91690 - 11/14/06 12:26 AM Re: When I Wanted to let go of it all... [Re: chatty lady]
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Hello everyone. Thank you for the birthday wishes and yes, it was a wonderful day. Ate waaaaaaay too much cake...or is that possible?

Debshines...thank you for you precious sweet words. I'm glad that my strength out of darkness came through. I also am hoping that by sharing my story that someone who may remain silent may have found some hope in their darkest hour. Never give up hope...ever. My life gets better and brighter every day and when I think it could not get better, God proves me wrong.
I love you guys.

#91691 - 11/20/06 07:42 AM Re: When I Wanted to let go of it all... [Re: Dee]
Dee Offline

Hey Dotsie,
I'm a little late getting back to your response but I had a really great birthday. My husband of 2 years (almost), bless him, blew it last year in the birthday department. Seems his family just doesn't celebrate anything much so I'm having to train my husband how to celebrate my birthday wishes. Easy...I just tell him what I'd like. 1. Card. 2. Gift (has to be something he comes up with). 3. Flowers (either given to me in person by himself or delivered). Sooooooooooooo, on my b-day morning he went even further (bless him). He brought me coffee in bed, brought me my card, gave me a beautiful watch which he'd wrapped himself in funny paper from the newspaper AND lo and behold about 2:30 in the afternoon the florist called to tell me he was lost and how did I get to my house? I acted surprised when he drove up and was really excited to see my favorite color flowers...THIS year my husband learned two things about his new wife. Listening pays off...and birthdays are important...(he's still smiling from my birthday...wink, wink, nudge, nudge).
It's a wonderful time to be alive...I'm glad I didn't miss it.

#91692 - 11/20/06 10:03 AM Re: When I Wanted to let go of it all... [Re: Dee]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Oh yes, Dee, some husbands can be trained. Isn't it rewarding when they listen and actually do what you say? HAH!
You not only look like a happy birthday gal, you're a pretty one too.

#91693 - 11/20/06 01:11 PM Re: When I Wanted to let go of it all... [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Good for you Dee, it sounds like you've found one of the good guys....

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#91694 - 11/20/06 01:22 PM Re: When I Wanted to let go of it all... [Re: chatty lady]
klmr13 Offline

Loc: Stars Hollow
WOW! Your story is an inspiration, Dee!
It's so nice that your husband took your advice and made your birthday a memorable time for both of you...

#91695 - 11/20/06 05:16 PM Re: When I Wanted to let go of it all... [Re: klmr13]
Dee Offline

He's my hero...my soul-mate...yeah, I got one of the good ones. Hannelore, thanks for the compliment...you're sweet.

#91696 - 11/21/06 01:28 PM Re: When I Wanted to let go of it all... [Re: Dee]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dee, I am in total agreement that you have to tell some men what you wnat.

I have a friend whose husband would ask her what she wanted for her birthday. She'd tell him, "ah nothing." Then when she got next to nothing, she was disappointed. I say, tell them what you want. That's simply using good communication skills.

Glad it was a happy one.

#91697 - 11/23/06 07:37 AM Re: When I Wanted to let go of it all...
Dee Offline

It gets even better!!! Last Monday night my husband was in our bedroom, which is at the back of the house. I was in the kitchen making dinner. I heard our television come on in the living room (no one was in there) but it made me think what the heck...I slowly walked to the french doors and sitting on the sofa was a man...when I realized who it was I could not comprehend it...I looked a little to the left and saw another man sitting on the sofa. Again, I was in shock. My two sons had snuck in from out of town with the help of my husband. Ray flew from Wichita Kansas to Jacksonville FL to meet up with his brother, they inturn drove to Satsuma to see me, all in secret and in kahoots with my husband. I was so shocked and surprised and it's been the most fun time of all. These two boys of mind have been so much fun since they've arrived and we've had a huge thanksgiving dinner involving my husbands kids and mother. We also found out we're going to be grandparents for the 2nd time now. How awesome is this? It's been a wonderful time and I have my boys here until Saturday. Too soon their time will be over, but we're enjoying it while we can. Gosh, my life is the best. I'm sooooooooo blessed.

#91698 - 11/23/06 07:58 AM Re: When I Wanted to let go of it all... [Re: Dee]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Wow, what a surprise! Was the turkey big enough? You know one of the best things about being blessed is knowing you are blessed and enjoying every minute of it.

#91699 - 11/23/06 03:47 PM Re: When I Wanted to let go of it all... [Re: Edelweiss]
49erDonna Offline

Loc: California
Happy Thanksgiving Dee,

I just now read your story and the tears are flowing. I join the others in thanksgiving to God that you didn't take the step.

I was so awed by the power of Motherhood for you. When all seemed too much for you it was your calling as a Mother that saved you. You are strong and I am so glad your boys still have you there!

God bless you and your new husband and your sons!
Donna

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved