The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 123 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#91700 - 11/24/06 12:33 AM Re: When I Wanted to let go of it all... [Re: 49erDonna]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
This is the nicest thing to read, Dee. How wonderful for you. I want to marry you husband. He has got to be the nicest man around town. Bless him for looking deep within your heart and KNOWING what would bring you joy. What a man...does he have a twin?

#91701 - 11/24/06 12:34 AM Re: When I Wanted to let go of it all... [Re: jawjaw]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

By the way, you're picture is darling. Course I've already had the pleasure of meeting you, but just had to tell you how lovely your picture is. Girls, she looks just like that, too! Beautiful, inside and out!

#91702 - 11/24/06 10:26 AM Re: When I Wanted to let go of it all... [Re: jawjaw]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
God saved you on that day Dee. He wasn't finished with you yet, he had a plan and aren't you glad you have benefited by his plans for you. Besides your wonderful husband, maybe he wanted you to stay around for us too, all your new sisters...I am one of the many who are glad you're here.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#91703 - 11/24/06 12:52 PM Re: When I Wanted to let go of it all... [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hannelore, I totally agree with your statement. So many people are bleesed but never take the time to count those blessings. What a shame.

Dee, you definitely got a winner this time around. What a great story.

#91704 - 11/24/06 01:57 PM Re: When I Wanted to let go of it all...
klmr13 Offline

Loc: Stars Hollow
Dee...What a wonderful surprise to have your sons there! And before I read Dotsie's post, I was going to ask the same thing...Does your hubby have a twin? Or - maybe we can clone him!

Seriously, your hubby is one of the "good guys", and I'm so glad you found him.

Enjoy the rest of your time with your sons...

#91705 - 11/28/06 01:35 AM Re: When I Wanted to let go of it all... [Re: Edelweiss]
Dee Offline

We had ham...majority voted against turkey...so, turkey for Christmas dinner. Hannelore, you live in Germany...I have to tell you this story. While living there I dated a wonderful Germany man who spoke perfect British English (accent included)...he'd studied law in London for a year his English was impeccable. I asked him why he didn't have the usual Germany accent when he spoke English. He told me "if I learn a language I want to speak it the way it's supposed to sound." He spoke 5 languages perfectly. I invited his parents to come to my house for Thanksgiving dinner and of course his father was impressed to have a whole turkey served. Normally, whole turkeys are not available there (they weren't at the time I lived there and they don't celebrate Thanksgiving). When it came time to carve I asked if my boyfriend would like to do the honors...his father jumped up excited saying he'd love to carve the turkey. He said he'd done it before...well, of course, by the time he finished carving the turkey it was in pieces, but it was the sweetest gesture he could have made. I never let on that he had done it all wrong but instead praised him for his carving skills. He beamed and when they left I sent a lot of left overs with them. One of many beautiful memories of Germany that I hold dear. Later the next year my friend's parents went to China for a holiday and brought me back a beautiful enamel charm. I still have it to this day.
How are you enjoying your time there? Are you going to be there forever or will you eventually return to the states?

#91706 - 11/28/06 05:55 AM Re: When I Wanted to let go of it all... [Re: Dee]
Dee Offline

WAIT!!! For some reason I missed everyone's awesome comments. Please...let me make a proper comment to you all. I'm taken aback by all the lovely words you've spoken about my strength and my husband. How loving and sweet. I'll take all of you as my sister. How lovely you are to say such wonderuful things. My husband, too, was married (twice) to people who did not appreciate him nor love him. He went through hell. He has such a loving spirit and a kind hard that it's hard for me to imagine anyone being cruel to him. He says the same about me. He and I are always saying that God saved the best for last...and I think the trails Larry and I went through prepared us to appreciate each other when we did find one another. Unfortunately, there is only one Larry. I wish there were more men like him...I'd gladly clone him because he's such a good man and has the best heart in the world. When I say we don't fight, don't argue, don't criticize and don't cause pain to the other, I speak the truth. Our love is so peaceful and caring. After over 3 years we've had no major problems...and only a couple of minor bumps in the road. I'm so blessed and grateful for him. He told me just today he was talking to a conductor he was with on the his train that he married the best woman in the world and how happy he was...made me melt. To think that I'm 56, a bit on the fluffy side, wear granny panties, my hair is gray, wrinkles don't go away when I quit smiling and my boomer belly hides underneath my tops...yet I can make this man melt at the drop of a hat AND he loves me to bits...all I can say is God has his hands on our love. Larry was a long time coming and I try never to take him for granted. I truly belive we're soul mates. Thanks again, everyone, for your touching comments...God, you women know how to make me cry.

#91707 - 11/28/06 08:20 AM Re: When I Wanted to let go of it all... [Re: Dee]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I think you just made me weepy. I'm so very happy for you, Dee.

#91708 - 11/28/06 12:43 PM Re: When I Wanted to let go of it all... [Re: Edelweiss]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Dee, you need to print that post and show it to him!

If this isn't encouraging for those still looking, I don't know what is.

#91709 - 11/28/06 12:43 PM Re: When I Wanted to let go of it all...
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Oh, and Granny Panties? I bet he'd love it if you checked out the local Victoria's Secret!

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved