The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 187 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#93923 - 10/31/06 02:19 AM Coaching with Art Guidance Cards
Evie Offline

Loc: Nipigon, Ontario Canada
Not sure if I'm popping this into the right spot on the forums but...

I've recently become an "Art Guidance Coach". This is a unique coaching tool that combines coaching and art therapy techniques. A one hour session, using a card with beautiful artwork is designed to assist with shifting inner awareness, setting new goals and taking further action.

I really like working with these beautiful art cards and helping clients look at their situation from a whole new perspective.

If you're interested in what the cards look like or what Art Guidance coaching is about you can see them at:

www.guidancecards.com

I'd be happy to talk to anyone about this further (and any coaches in the forums interested in adding this tool to their coaching "tool kit") - just PM me, or send me an email at maedelcreativity@mac.com.
My Blog: www.ebenezerscribe.blogspot.com

#93924 - 10/31/06 10:03 PM Re: Coaching with Art Guidance Cards [Re: Evie]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
This looks interesting, Evie. I too am a coach and it is always interesting to look at a life from a new perspective. Congratulations on your new venture.

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#93925 - 11/01/06 01:04 AM Re: Coaching with Art Guidance Cards [Re: Anno]
Evie Offline

Thank you

#93926 - 11/01/06 01:24 AM Re: Coaching with Art Guidance Cards [Re: Evie]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Wow, Karin Bauer has created an ingenious method of marketing her skills. I'm impressed by how she combined her background as a social worker and life coach and artist. I like abstract. On Friday I am giving a presentation on "art as process: how to interpret the abstract" (which is in the heart of the viewer) I am educated as a social worker too, and I like to see how social workers are using their knowledge to benefit others. Very interesting.

#93927 - 11/01/06 02:11 AM Re: Coaching with Art Guidance Cards [Re: Princess Lenora]
Evie Offline

Lynnie, your presentation sounds very interesting. Have you ever used art therapy in your social work?

I'm fascinated by art as therapy, and the healing process of doing any sort of creative work.

I don't have the social work background, but I like the guidance cards from a creative aspect. You mention "interpret the abstract is in the heart of the viewer" - that's how I feel the interpretation of the art on the cards comes out too - each person sees something different. It's really a fascinating process.

(OK, I need a thesauras - I'm starting to use the words "interesting" and "fascinating" way too often )

#93928 - 11/01/06 03:24 PM Re: Coaching with Art Guidance Cards [Re: Evie]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Hello Evie, I enjoyed browsing through your web site. Very well done. My, you look like a flower yourself. It's an interesting concept you have there. OMG I just used the word "interesting" too.
Hannelore

#93929 - 11/01/06 03:48 PM Re: Coaching with Art Guidance Cards [Re: Edelweiss]
Evie Offline

Thanks Hannelore, don't think anyone has said I look like a flower before

hmmm, there's a thought for a completely different topic (I was going to say "interesting" topic )- if you were a flower, what sort of flower would you be???

I think I'd like to be a carnation - pretty, lots of variety, sturdy and long lasting!!

#93930 - 11/01/06 04:01 PM Re: Coaching with Art Guidance Cards [Re: Evie]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Very "interesting" (LOL) question, Evie
Now if I were a flower, I think I'd be a cactus flower. Pretty, but wary. Want to pick and choose who gets too close to me.

#93931 - 11/01/06 06:16 PM Re: Coaching with Art Guidance Cards [Re: Edelweiss]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I think I'd be a rose--high maintenance. Those cards are really beautiful. It was strange but I looked at the first card on her site and got this feeling inside, like a hum or something. I don't know what that was all about but it sure felt good. Good luck with this "fabulous" technique. See, I found a new word to use.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#93932 - 11/01/06 08:40 PM Re: Coaching with Art Guidance Cards [Re: Dianne]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I thought the tree with the bright colors behind it was something special. You need to put your picture on this site too, you are a very pretty lady inside and out.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved