The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 116 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#95079 - 11/14/06 12:06 AM Say Thanks to our Soldiers
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
I didn't want to post this over an ongoing thread so I'm posting it here -- I received an email from a friend about Xerox having a website for anyone to send a free card to the soldiers in Iraq to say thanks. Before I sent it on I wrote Xerox and asked them if this was for real or a scam -- they wrote me back and said it was for real -- following is the email I sent on to those on my email list

I wrote Xerox about this to make sure it wasn't a scam and this is their response --- after reading their email you can show your support for our soldiers by clicking on
the link provided. This has nothing to do with politics - this has to do with saying THANK YOU to our men and women overseas who put their life on the line every moment of the day and night so we can live FREE in this wonderful country of ours:

Hello Carolyn,

Thank you for your inquiry.

This program is sponsored by Xerox. It was launched on June 26, 2006 and allows you to write a personalized message on postcards - drawn by kids across the country - which will be
printed and sent to deployed forces in Iraq, Afghanistan and elsewhere.

Please see the attached page from the Xerox web site which will provide you with additional information:

http://www.xerox.com/go/xrx/template/inv...amp;Xlang=en_US

Thank you,
Chris
Webmaster Mail Team
Xerox
http://www.xerox.com

#95080 - 11/16/06 02:33 AM Re: Say Thanks to our Soldiers [Re: lionspaaw]
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
Just wanted to bring this back up for those who may have missed it

#95081 - 11/16/06 03:38 PM Re: Say Thanks to our Soldiers [Re: lionspaaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I just did this and it only took a couple minutes. IT's simple to do. Next...

#95082 - 11/16/06 11:03 PM Re: Say Thanks to our Soldiers
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
This is so great and my entire church congregation has been doing it and we have a BIGGGGGG! church membership. Its the least we can do.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#95083 - 11/17/06 11:51 AM Re: Say Thanks to our Soldiers [Re: chatty lady]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Great idea chatty. I ned to remember to put this in the next newsletter.

#95084 - 11/25/06 06:16 AM Re: Say Thanks to our Soldiers
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Saw some of our young men home from Iran last week and the sight made me hurt from the very depths of my soul. Missing limbs, heads half gone wearing plates, eyes blinded. Yet they had smiles and said they were pleased to have been able to fight for their country. Please, please don't forget the wonderful kids over there. Take a moment of your (safe) precious time ands sit down and address some cards, send a care package or two. It doesn't take much to make them smile.

Edited by chatty lady (11/25/06 06:17 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#95085 - 11/25/06 07:19 AM Re: Say Thanks to our Soldiers [Re: chatty lady]
Bathbuddys Offline

Loc: Midwest
Hi Chatty,
No it doesn't matter what you send. They are VERY greatful to just get a note, even from people that they don't know.
Mine are all in the states at the moment, which is wonderful, but sometimes even the ones that are home need a little encouragement too.

I am hoping things change over seas. I just pray everyday.

Hugs to you all,
Nancy

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved