The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 106 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#96202 - 11/26/06 12:58 PM Re: Walking and Yoga [Re: ]
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
I began taking aerobic classes when I was in my early 30's and got hooked. I have a vast library of tapes (antiques yet??) and DVD's and - until recently - was pretty darn proud of myself for being able to still keep up. Never mind that I will probably need a knee replacement in the future and it's getting harder and harder to do the lunges and squats and tall box stepping.

So, I have been doing more walking and pilates/yoga tapes on days that I just cannot do the 'old routines.' It hasn't been easy. After so many years of pounding myself to a pulp, it doesn't feel like I've actually worked out unless I'm seeing stars and sweating like a barn yard animal.

I did take yoga classes years ago - along with a group of middle school teachers and support staffers. We sooo looked forward to our Wednesday night class - by mid week we were all wound so tight - you'd think we'd explode. (Middle school teachers are my heros - I could not do what they do if my life depended on it.) Anyway, the cool down was our favorite part - I fell asleep more times than not. The results were obvious the next day - we were all so relaxed that the school could blow up around us and we could have cared less!! That peace didn't last long, one class a week was never enough.

#96203 - 11/26/06 02:32 PM Re: Walking and Yoga [Re: browser57]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I also have no problem falling asleep. I think it's because I go, go, go when I'm awake. JJ, I like your theory better!

browser, I was such an aerobics nut when I was in my 20s. I thrived on it. I even taught a class at one point. I also happened to be in the best shape of my life at that time. It's so good for your heart. I bet you sleep well.

#96204 - 11/26/06 03:56 PM Re: Walking and Yoga
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I could never do the aerobics. But put on a tape like "Sweating to the Oldies" and I'm there. I love to move to music. So instead of the aerobics, I would do my own type just dancing, moving, and shaking around to the music

When I started walking not to long ago, I purchased a CD player to listen to music as I walked. It was a piece of crap. I took it back to Wally World thinking maybe I just had a bad one. Nope...second one was just as bad. Didn't work half the time and suck up batteries like a sponge. So, it sits with the rest of the junk on the kitchen table. What a rip off.

Has anybody bought a player to use while they walk?

#96206 - 11/26/06 11:45 PM Re: Walking and Yoga [Re: ]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
JJ, I have a Walk-Man and its great. Good, clear sound and the batteries last quite awhile. Mine is about four years old now.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#96207 - 11/26/06 11:58 PM Re: Walking and Yoga [Re: chatty lady]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I got a ipod last year and love it. It is small, has great sound and it's charge lasts a long time

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved