The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 187 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#96612 - 12/18/06 09:36 PM Re: Christmas Support Group [Re: Princess Lenora]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Melissa,
I know this is a difficult time. May you find a light of joy and hope in the season.

Smile,
What a treasure!

Lynnie,
I agree Eagle's interview was awesome!

And for everyone...somehow...I got the urge to decorate a bit...and I've totally enjoyed it...I decided to take matters into my own hands and invited a few people over tomorrow night...just wanted to be festive...I'm not even sure what the switch was for me this year...but as I look at my 18" tree and my lighted garland and my flamingo wreath...I feel a deep inner peace...'tis the season...

#96613 - 12/19/06 01:45 AM Re: Christmas Support Group [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Wow! Thanks Lynnie and Jane for taking the time to listen to that interview!

Although the days are extremely hectic (we left the house at 8:30 this morning and I only just arrived back a few minutes ago - dozens of errands, plus 2 hours at the hospital waiting with my brother for his CAT scan (we're hoping for great results!) Hubby's STILL out working at a contract job! And yes, it's stressful, and if I don't remember to stop, breathe and focus, everything runs amok. But in the midst of all of the roller coastering through the errands and driving my brother back and forth to various appointments, I'm constantly aware of that deep inner peace (if I can still the nattering in my mind long enough to hear it!) deep inside of me. It's like a joyful hum deep down underneath the hustle and bustle.

I know, without a doubt, that being here at BWS, and specifically, being able to lean against the loving support, wisdom and sharing of experiences here in this particular thread, have made a huge difference thus far.

Next week will be non-stop - starting with hubby's birthday on Saturday and continuing straight through til Jan 2. It will not be easy, but I have a lot more hope of getting through it reasonably sanely knowing that we have "here" to come home to when the going gets too tough. I guess that's one of the hidden blessings to hosting all the festivities - it means constant access to BWS is only a step away...

(Maya Angelou)

#96614 - 12/19/06 02:25 AM Re: Christmas Support Group [Re: Eagle Heart]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Eagle, isn't it ironic that for some people like us who enjoy solitude find healing when sharing with our boomer sisters?

#96615 - 12/19/06 01:36 PM Re: Christmas Support Group [Re: Princess Lenora]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I think I shared this last year here, but just felt like posting it again, as much for myself as anyone...

FINDING CHRISTMAS

stumbling through the wrappings
of a long-lost holy day
gifts of obligation
rushing wearily on their way
to festive twinkling Christmas trees
and eggnog on the fly
frowns and worried wallets
creasing every parent's eyes
but deep beneath the presents
and the cynic's hustling cries
lies a hushed and holy moment
when Love broke through as Child
the story's old and heard before
some say it isn't true
and grasp the crass commercial crap
as reason for the blues
but deep beneath the humming
of the bustling ATMs
lies that glorious possibility
that More exists within
the wrappings and the tokens
and the twinkling Christmas trees
It reaches deep inside my soul
to dare my heart to see
that buried in the silent night
beneath the hustling fray
I'll find my Christmas wrapped inside
this long-lost holy Babe

(Maya Angelou)

#96616 - 12/19/06 02:19 PM Re: Christmas Support Group [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I've been catching up with this post. Three cheers for those of you who have been faithful to it.

Melissa, I wish I had words to share the joy I am sending your way this Christmas. I have faith that God will once again give you the strength you need to make this Christmas a blessing for your eight-year-old daughter and you. Is there a way I can help? Please let me know. I'm in Maryland too.

Eagle, please come running to us with your brother's results when you have a second.

Smile, your post was lovely. I enjoyed your comparison of what Mary and Joseph went through that first Christmas to what we go through every Christmas. It especially touched me because my daughter and I went to see The Nativity Story on Sunday. The guys arrived home from college just in time to watch the Raven's game with Ross, so we hit the movies. I was touched that my daughter suggested seeing that particular movie. When I thanked her while sitting at the theater, she said, "I thought it would be a nice gesture." In other words, it wasn't her first choice, but she knew it was mine. My gracious. They are really growing up.

Anyway, the movie was nothing splashy, but it was an excellent history lesson about what was going on in the world at that time. I was most impressed with the hearts of Mary and Joseph, and their tremendous faith in God. Remember, they were young and influenced just as our children are today. Yet still they chose to listen and follow. Seems that's all we are still called to do today. It's worth seeing.

Here's a pryaer I wanted to share with all of you. While reciting this on Sunday at our worship service, I thought of my sisters in Christ at BWS. The prayer was written by Rev. Lindley DeGarmo.

Gracious God,
we are told that this is supposed to be a joyful time,
but so often we feel joyless.
Absorbed in the needs of the day,
we lose sight of you.
Beaten down by cares and burdens,
we pray partly and worship half-heartedly
and serve grudgingly.
Sin prevails and joy eludes and we drift farther away.

Gather us in Lord. Forgive us. Restore us.
Bring forth a new spirit within us,
that we might discover the joy
for which you created us,
the deep joy made known to us in Jesus Christ.

May God wrap his loving arms around all of us this season and help us spread the joy that comes from knowing him...even when we may not feel it ourselves. Smile!

#96617 - 12/19/06 09:20 PM Re: Christmas Support Group
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Thanks for posting that link Lynnie.
Your interveiw is fabulous Eagle,(listening now) and JJ I finally get to hear yours too!
Jane has one there also.
I love that I get to hear my online friends voices!!!!!!!

The poems and prayers are great too!

Edited by TVC15 (12/19/06 09:21 PM)

#96618 - 12/19/06 10:46 PM Re: Christmas Support Group [Re: smilinize]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I feel so blessed to be able to say that this has been one of my best Christmas holidays ever. I have been stress free and all has gone well. Less is more this year, I put up less than half of the decorations and filled in the space with the beautiful cards from my sisters here on line. My home is radiant with all the cards and love enclosed within their words. My home smells like Christmas cookies. I have more time this year and even more money so I'm able to give to those who have nothing. Your posts, your prayers and poems are uplifting and make my heart sing....
Merry Christmas to you all, I so look forward to the New Year and spending it together one day at a time.

Edited by chatty lady (12/19/06 10:49 PM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#96619 - 12/21/06 01:50 AM Re: Christmas Support Group [Re: chatty lady]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Nice, chatty, that's so nice to hear! I am thrilled for you. What a great post to read. Thank you. Dotsie, Eagle, I loved your poems. Thanks for sharing them here.

#96620 - 12/21/06 02:22 AM Re: Christmas Support Group [Re: Princess Lenora]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
I'm with Lynn...loved the poems and delighted to see that Chatty is having a delightful season.

I had a small gathering last night...followed my advice and kept it very simple...roast chicken from the grocery and salad...I was too rushed to do more...we really had a good time...it is a good year...

#96621 - 12/22/06 01:58 PM Re: Christmas Support Group [Re: Jane_Carroll]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Roast Chicken and salad sounds like a feast to me Jane!
Glad you had a good time.

Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved