The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 115 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13
Topic Options
#96632 - 12/26/06 12:29 PM Re: Christmas Support Group [Re: chickadee]
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I'm pleased to say we had a pleasant Christmas in my house. It was just us, quiet, but nice. I made it through most of the day without tears and it's funny but part of the reason was because I kept thinking, we don't know what tomorrow will bring, or who will be with us next year, so we might as well make the most of what we have today. Then this morning I come here and see that Sharon said something almost the same. I guess us boomers really do think alike!
I hope all had as pleasant a day as I did.
Now we just gotta get through next weekend and we can all start a fresh new year!
Sharon, I'm glad you decided to cuddle instead of clean!

#96633 - 12/26/06 03:34 PM Re: Christmas Support Group [Re: TVC15]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chick, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. Deaths around the holidays seem to make matters worse. Sorry you and your hubby have to experience this loss. But I love Jane's comment. What an awesome thought.

Mountain, glad to hear you are looking forward to 2007 with hope!

TVC, was tha anticipation of this first Christmas without your dad worse the the actual day itself? I found that with all the firsts the year after mom died. I wondered how every holiday was going to be without her and the thoughts and concerns prior to the day were more disheartening than the day itself. Somehow God worked it all out.

#96634 - 12/26/06 03:39 PM Re: Christmas Support Group
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Eagle, thanks for beginning this thread. It has been a tremendous support to all. Look at the number of views it has had, 620! So please know that even though everyone didn't post, they were surely lurking and taking the wisdom along with them on their way out of the neighborhood.

I believe that corresponding and sharing our true feelings gets us in touch with who we are at our core. Therefore, we are able to have so many seeds plamnted with in our hearts and minds as we travel throughout our days. I am also a firm believer in the power of prayer...and all the little, "Lord, please be with my boomer friends who are hurting, and Lord. please replace sorrow with JOY" are heard by God and carried out within His plan. Very cool to see and witness it in action. Thanks.

Edited by Dotsie (12/26/06 03:40 PM)

#96635 - 12/26/06 04:13 PM Re: Christmas Support Group
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Dotsie, You are absolutely right, the days leading up were far worse than the actual day itself.
And I agree that our prayers for one another help.

Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved