The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 85 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#98120 - 12/07/06 08:05 PM Re: Can you express your "intimate" to your mate [Re: Dianne]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
I got a fright..........i read mates the way it's mostly ment over heer ie frends....

now i want to go back and review all my posts to measure the diffrence between what i though i had said to you and what actully you ladies may of thought i ment.

Celtic_flame

#98121 - 12/07/06 08:06 PM Re: Can you express your "intimate" to your mate [Re: Dianne]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Oh Dianne, I can't believe your Hubby said that's his expensive tie! What a hoot!

My Hubby has never cheated on me…( 31 years now) and I don't think it's because I'm a sex bomb, I'm just a normal woman. It's just the way he is. Some men cheat and some don't.

#98122 - 12/07/06 08:12 PM Re: Can you express your "intimate" to your mate [Re: Dianne]
Jeannine Offline

Loc: Georgia, U.S.
I've never had a problem expressing, verbally or physically, my sexual needs and/or desires to my husband. I've always felt, in a good relationship, a close relationship, intimacy is enhanced. My husband is the one person I trust with the complete knowledge of exactly who I am.

On the cheating thing...sometimes I think a man cheats for what he may feel is an 'all free' good time. After all, a marriage, a committed relationship means 'responsibility'. Possibly, a man may have the erroneous idea he can have free, irresponsible fun, with some woman who he believes won't expect diddly-squat from him, as to any other aspect of her life.

[i]'It's never too late in Fiction-- or in Life to Revise.'
---Nancy Thayer

#98123 - 12/07/06 08:18 PM Re: Can you express your "intimate" to your mate [Re: Jeannine]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Oh Celtic Flame, don't bother the trouble. We know what you meant by mate. We understand that much Irish, mate!

#98124 - 12/07/06 10:31 PM Re: Can you express your "intimate" to your mate [Re: Edelweiss]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
I believe it can be very difficult for women to tell their mate (sorry Celtic,:)) how to please them sexually. I was raised where sex was a taboo subject. Anything I learned, I learned without my parents input. Years of being taught to keep quiet about a topic is not easy to overcome.

D and I try very hard to keep a happy and satisfying relationship in every aspect. Yet, it still is sometimes a bit difficult for me to be completely open. And this is completely my issue, not his. But I am more and more open all of the time and he makes me happy, sexually, and encourages me to ask for what I want.

#98125 - 12/07/06 10:40 PM Re: Can you express your "intimate" to your mate [Re: Anno]
dejavu Offline
journeyman

After I hit menopause and the hormones began fluctuating wildly, I found myself expressing a lot more to my husband than he ever expected. He LOVED it, though, and our sexual relationship became, um, different. Modesty forbids my elaborating!

I told him that now that my female hormones were fast disappearing, the male ones must be taking over. I said, "I think about sex all the time now! Is this how men feel? How do you ever get anything DONE??!!" He fell down laughing.

#98126 - 12/08/06 02:42 AM Re: Can you express your "intimate" to your mate [Re: Dianne]
bamgibbs Offline

Loc: Durham, NC
Dianne,

It's nice to hear another married woman keeping the flames going in the bedroom---that's where it was right?

Peace & Blessings,
Beverly Mahone
Author, Whatever! A Baby Boomer's Journey Into Middle Age
Purchase your copy of “Hope for the Holidays” at http://www.talk2bev.com/holiday.htm

“I’m not a writer because I wrote a book. I wrote a book because I was inspired by God.”

#98127 - 12/08/06 04:21 AM Re: Can you express your "intimate" to your mate [Re: bamgibbs]
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
My husband and I talk about everything, but the specifics of our sexuality is usually unspoken. He definitely understands what pleases me and I know what pleases him, but we communicate without saying a single word. We're both shy about those things so that seems to work extremely well for us. Sometimes it's kind of sacred and other times, we just have a lot of fun.

smile

#98128 - 12/08/06 09:45 AM Re: Can you express your "intimate" to your mate [Re: smilinize]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Thats the worst part about being single, also being celibate. Sometimes I really miss a good old fashioned roll in the hay....so to speak!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#98129 - 12/08/06 01:36 PM Re: Can you express your "intimate" to your mate [Re: chatty lady]
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I second you here Chatty!

laurapoplin.com

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved