The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 110 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#98193 - 02/27/07 03:44 AM Can you laugh, be agile, speak needs during sex... [Re: celtic_flame]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Gee...don't feel like revealing much re personal. But suffice to say for creative sex, it does help to keep/become more physically agile.

It's ok...he and I plan to keep on cycling. I have to do more stretching exercises too... otherwise, my muscles might get locked or get a charleyhorse in the wrong place, at wrong time.

Oh come on, you do have to have comic relief during sex too. If it weren't for humour, every accidental sexual faux pas in bed, would ruin the evening/morning/lunch or whatever.

#98194 - 02/27/07 04:55 AM Re: Can you express your "intimate" to your mate [Re: celtic_flame]
NewLeaf Offline

Loc: Deland, Florida
Diane, you've given me such good advice in the past and I've taken it. You have so much wisdom and flare. I like your spunk!
I agree with Celt in that sex isn't the most important facet of a relationship but it sure is nice. My husband and I have the kind of relationship where I have "my spot" in the crook of his arm. I sleep with my head on his shoulder and when he misses me he says, "Your spot is waiting for you" and I know exactly what he means.

He loves it when I use "ET" to massage his back and shoulders. ET is a massager with big balls on the end that looks just like the alien, ET...we laugh about it and say, "ET phone home"...

We talk like hicks just for fun and cook huge pots of chili for our friends and have them all over.

If we never had sex again, I'd still be enthralled with him and he with me. I couldn't stand to be with someone who was boring and normal. I'd be out looking for something more exciting, I know me.

I've had OCD, thoughts that were so bad I had to do something else out of fear of carrying them out....checking the locks on the door and then getting two miles down the road and coming back to check them again.

I still have some of the tendencies, certain things have to be done in a certain way or it nags at me that I didn't do it right.

The song, Mr. Sandman, used to evoke something strong and fearful in me. I couldn't bear to hear it or even say the name.

To this day, I don't know why. But what I did to overcome my OCD was to locate and memorize every scripture of promise in God's Word to us and speak them one by one as I would lay in bed at night to sleep.

Eventually the positive and encouraging word changed my mind and heart from the inside out. I've been fine since then. Another, and more interesting thing I found out from my mom and grandma is that my family was deeply involved in Spiritism and the occult. They would lift tables and do seances and the like.

When I renounced those practices and surrendered my heart, mind and future to God, it all just went away and I've been pretty fine ever since. That's the honest to God truth!

I've had bouts of depression now and again and right now am on an anti-depressant, but mostly I'm happy and content and able to manage my life satisfactorily.

#98195 - 02/27/07 02:51 PM Re: Can you express your "intimate" to your mate [Re: NewLeaf]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
OCD can cause depression as it lowers the seratonin (sp) levels. Plus, it's so frustrating. I'm a counter. I count things. I'm doing much better on meds and with therapy. I have triggers, the biggest one is online games. If I play solitaire, etc. for too long, I will be counting cards in my dreams. So, I've stayed away from any games.

I'm very comfortable in my marriage and he's my best friend. Maybe we've gone to another level and if that's true, I'm happy with it. I love feeling his body next to mine.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#98196 - 02/27/07 05:05 PM Re: Can you express your "intimate" to your mate [Re: Dianne]
NewLeaf Offline

I get off work at 2:30 am, arrive at home 3:15, play video games until 4-5am. I play all the demos which are an hour each. I have to finish them and win...just another of my quirks.

#98197 - 02/28/07 10:51 PM Re: Can you express your "intimate" to your mate [Re: NewLeaf]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
di
I'm very comfortable in my marriage and he's my best friend. Maybe we've gone to another level and if that's true, I'm happy with it. I love feeling his body next to mine. di quote

maybee you have love, if you love him and vice versa and he loves you, their no abuse, theirs love and affection then your one or a couple of very luckie people. maybee it is the next level who know.

wise women thats discovered certine things make symptoms worse, then stayes to heck away from them!....its great your empowering yourself and doing stuff in a positive way to help yourself out....keep it up

hopefullie things will calm down again when the house move is over and your settled in your new place

celtic

#98198 - 03/01/07 03:00 PM Re: Can you express your "intimate" to your mate [Re: celtic_flame]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

If I played the games NL plays, I would probably be a raving maniac at night, in my sleep.

I'm making myself calm down. What happens--happens and when it's supposed to. It could be 15 more days before this flat deal is closed. I've emotionally detached from the flat we're now living in since I know we'll be leaving it. It's difficult to make myself clean it. Strange.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#98199 - 03/01/07 03:23 PM Re: Can you express your "intimate" to your mate [Re: Dianne]
Emyjay Offline

Still haven't had the time to go to the new Gyn. I'm late with my mammogram, so anyone in that practice is going to lecture me. Will make that appointment today, March 1 and also start my spring diet.

Easy, I put on 15 lbs. this winter - weight that also affects my ability to enjoy intimacy. So, I start walking, today.

I'm glad I've found a place to discuss my later in life marriage issues.

Emily in Maryland, where the temps are going up!

#98200 - 03/01/07 04:51 PM Re: Can you express your "intimate" to your mate [Re: Emyjay]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
i am glade you found the place for this spacific discussing and also for the many more good in you will have in the futer, emjay nice to have you aboard.

Now ladie i talking to you sternlie heer (joking) but do get that appointment made i know it aint plesent but important...

I turned into a wee well big pudding over winter, my figure is seasional ya know lol.....i losing it which is good but why now and not at the start of the mounth when it was more needed.. ...(i got married then emjay) typical that now i lost a trouser size hmmmmmm
celtic

#98201 - 03/02/07 09:29 PM Re: Can you express your "intimate" to your mate [Re: celtic_flame]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

OCD does suck! It's exhausting. But, my therapist has really helped me. He said we will one day be at a point where I will force myself to count. Long process but I'll get there. I have a problem with certain music as well. Tunes will run through my head over and over. Now, when it happens, I start singing them outloud. It has helped so much!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#98202 - 03/03/07 12:09 AM Re: Can you express your "intimate" to your mate [Re: Dianne]
NewLeaf Offline

Really? If I pass the sign on I-75 here in FL for Swaunee, FL my mind immediately starts playing the "Way Down On the Swaunee River" song. Certain things during the day will trigger a song with the theme or the same lyrics as the event or circumstance.

And just try getting that sound out of your head..I'll try singing it outloud. The mind is such a complicated piece of machinery.

Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved