The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 115 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#99028 - 12/12/06 07:14 PM Words of Inspiration
bamgibbs Offline

Loc: Durham, NC
TO MY SISTERS IN THE LORD.....There comes a time in every woman's life when she has to take a close look at herself. Not at her circumstance, not at what she did, not how unfair life is, or not at whom made you do it. She has to just look at herself in all her glory and imperfection. Have you ever admired a woman who has been through changes in her life? Or have you made up in your mind that she is just messed up. Before you make this mistake, take a closer look. A woman who has endured the most unusual life is someone of wisdom, someone who has been chosen by God to go through things that have made her stronger. Think of all the great women in the bible: Mary Magdalene, Ruth and Naomi, the woman with an issue of blood flow, and Esther, to name a few. Mary was a prostitute, a very uneasy woman. But by the time Jesus was done with her, she was His closest follower. Abigail was unfortunate in marrying an abusive man, but by the time God was done with her, she had married one of the wealthiest men in the land. Women are so quick to beat the next one down instead of trying to hold her up. Before you wonder, "What's up with her?" ask yourself, "What's up with me?" That woman could be my mother, sister, aunt, in-law, stepmother, niece, grandmother, great-grandmother, neighbor, friend, or co-worker, etc. That woman could be me. Women are the carriers of life, not the channels of death. Let's build and encourage each other, as did Ruth and Naomi.

#99029 - 12/12/06 09:15 PM Re: Words of Inspiration [Re: bamgibbs]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
The best thing we can do for one another is to see the gift that each and every one of us is. Sometimes we have to dig deep, peel off many layers and look with eyes of faith to see the noble spirit that each of us is deep down underneath all of our mangled thinking, mannerisms and imperfections (which are often masked by all sorts of attempts to be other than who we truly are). I admit I have to "practice what I preach"...but it's okay that I'm still a work in progress - I'm exactly where I'm meant to be here and now and God continues to work in and through my abilities, lovingly mindful of my physical, emotional and mental limitations.

My take on women healing other women is that we need to recognize that each and every one of us has a unique light that only we can shine into the world - it comes from our unique blend of history, experience, insight and perspective. Each person's flicker of light is as essential as any other person's flicker of light - the world needs EVERY flicker of light, even the most feeble...together, each of our tiny feeble flickers of light join together and ripple God's light into the continuum, diminishing the darkness and bringing light to every dark corner of the world.

The other thing I believe in is the "ebb and flow" of life...when we are able to, it's our turn to flow light and love into the world - when we are broken and need to recharge our battery, it's our turn to ebb back and allow ourselves to be renewed and healed so that we can return to the flow. It's when too many ebb at the same time that the world begins to falter and darkness takes over again...we need to be vigilant in protecting, healing and encouraging each other back into that flow of light.

Edited by Eagle Heart (12/12/06 09:18 PM)

(Maya Angelou)

#99030 - 12/12/06 09:22 PM Re: Words of Inspiration [Re: Eagle Heart]
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Beautiful, Bev & Eagle! What a difference we'd make if only we treated each other as we'd like to be treated! With respect, love, understanding, compassion... just to name a few!
NABBW & NAWW

#99031 - 12/12/06 09:42 PM Re: Words of Inspiration [Re: Songbird]
bamgibbs Offline

Loc: Durham, NC
Eagle Heart,

You ALWAYS impress me with your responses. They are so genuine and REAL. I feel as if I know you by your posts. Some people come across as one way and actually aren't that way at all.

I just like posting to read your responses They're so thought provoking. I totally agree with you and Songbird...and I probably should've posted this under Inspiration.

Peace & Blessings,
Beverly Mahone
Author, Whatever! A Baby Boomer's Journey Into Middle Age
Purchase your copy of “Hope for the Holidays” at http://www.talk2bev.com/holiday.htm

“I’m not a writer because I wrote a book. I wrote a book because I was inspired by God.”

#99032 - 12/13/06 02:33 AM Re: Words of Inspiration [Re: bamgibbs]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
One of my favorite Bible verses is, Encourage one antoher, build each other up, as indeed you are doing.
1 Thessalonians 5:11.

Ladies, be sure to check my quote at the beginning of the December newsletter. It's about looking for a portion of God in everyone. We're all on the same page. What an inspiration to be with like-minded folk.

Beverly, I also appreciate and love Eagle's posts. You should read her book if you want to get to know her even better! Song's are also very inspirational too.

#99033 - 12/14/06 03:59 PM Re: Words of Inspiration
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Ladies, your words are inspirational. Thank you.

Something I like to remember is a line that Christopher Robin says to Pooh.

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."

We are. We just have to keep remembering it.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#99034 - 12/14/06 04:15 PM Re: Words of Inspiration [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
Bamgibbs, Thank you! What a wonderful testiment and challenge for us all!

Dotsie, I don't know where to post this but I LOVE your new picture in the Boomer Newsletter! You look beautiful!

How we handle change determines our Destiny. P. Trapp
www.pattiswriting.com
www.marykay.com/ptrapp777

#99035 - 12/16/06 09:46 PM Re: Words of Inspiration [Re: starting over]
celtic_flame Offline

Loc: Belfast/Northern Ireland
bamgibs
what a lovely thought and passage,

the responces have been great too and reading them a joy of safty and sisterhood thanks

celtic_flame

#99036 - 12/17/06 06:20 PM Re: Words of Inspiration [Re: celtic_flame]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Vicki, I haven't heard that in years. Thanks for the reminder.

starting over, thanks for the compliment. It's amazing what a ton of make-up can do.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved