The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 141 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#99227 - 01/06/07 06:44 PM Re: book on writing? [Re: Jane_Carroll]
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Chatty, isn't it funny how it snows a little snow and when make a snowball and start rolling that snowball look what happens. Smiles believes in you. We do too.
Bathbuddys JJ is such a smart woman. I think we all need a mentor for our project/s. You know...someone who will keep us on the ball.
Jane, I haven't been on here much til now. I wanted to say that I love Bertha and when I come that way in March, You, JJ and I need to get together.

chick

#99228 - 01/06/07 10:25 PM Re: book on writing? [Re: chickadee]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Nancy, don't edit while writing because it kills the creativity. Do a few pages, put them away for a day or two and then, look at them again. When I learned to self-edit, it really stopped me from writing.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#99229 - 01/11/07 07:11 PM Re: book on writing? [Re: Dianne]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I just got this link mailed to me.
Sounds super interesting, and I would def. enter the contest, but only US residents are allowed. Check it out!
GATHER

#99230 - 01/14/07 08:23 PM Re: book on writing? [Re: Edelweiss]
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I did believe in Chatty before she believed in herself and still do. The best result of the website was to give her confidence and visibility. She took it from there.

As to writing, here's some brain physiology that might be interesting.

We know the functions of various brain areas from autopsies on stroke victims, brain surgery, and more recently from thermographic and other devices that measures living brain activity.

The act of writing is apparently controlled primarily by the midbrain which coordinates most brain functions.

Writing actually involves almost every functional brain area. Ideas are formed in the creative right brain, organized by the logical left brain, edited by the conscience/super ego of the forebrain, and executed by the physical hind brain. All of that is coordinated by the midbrain.

Brain tissue is like muscle. The most used parts become strongest. Because we use the creative right brain less, it is weak and defenseless so it functions best apart from the editing and logical brain which are stronger because they are more often used.

Because the ideas for the first drafts begin in the weak and defenseless creative right brain the first draft should be simply a record of the unedited ideas generated by the imagination. As a piece is being written, the logical left brain orders the creativite ideas and converts them to language. Later the fore brain can take over to further organize the communication of complex ideas by editing.

Maybe regognizing what is happening physiologically and going with it instead of against will help us to tap into all the areas of our brain in order to do our best work.

Just some thoughts.
smile

#99231 - 01/15/07 08:04 PM Re: book on writing? [Re: smilinize]
chickadee Offline

smiles, talk about someone picking my brain!
Makes sense. Thanks for posting it.

chick

#99232 - 01/15/07 08:10 PM Re: book on writing? [Re: chickadee]
Jane_Carroll Offline

WOW! Chick...you're coming this way? That is incredible...somehow I got off of this thread and just saw your post...Bertha and Nellie will definitly have some things to talk about!

#99233 - 01/17/07 04:10 AM Re: book on writing? [Re: Jane_Carroll]
chickadee Offline

Jane, We should be that way when the fish start biting. We go every year. Let's set something up when the time gets nearer. I'll bring the old gal along.
chick

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved