The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 167 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#99207 - 12/20/06 09:29 PM Re: book on writing? [Re: Dianne]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
P.S. I had a dream the other night about a BWS book just like Chicken Soup. I mean, why not?

Lynnie, you can example me anytime you want! Here is the main ingredient to my writing...have you ever taken on an endeavor where it was impossible for you to fail? Doors flew open, contacts were suddenly there, everything went so smoothly you felt like you were part of a miracle in the making? This is how my writing/publishing endeavor came about. We just have to open ourselves to miracles and really expect triumph. No room for doubt. Like The Secret. It works, it really does.

Marc was always amazed because I never cared if a new book had just been published on why men batter. I told him that wouldn't help abused women one bit. My book was focused on the victim. I never allowed any doubt to come into play.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#99208 - 12/21/06 12:36 AM Re: book on writing? [Re: Dianne]
Happy Birthday Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Oh Dianne, ever the victim, I have never had doors fly open for me. It seems I have to pry them open, beat them down, and/or declare "open sesame." However, I do not know what forces are at play behind the scenes that could have made it any harder. So maybe it's (whatever) is easier than I think. I do believe that the product of a well-written book is a miracle in itself. I thank the angels and God who came to my side while writing, flinging phrases from the air and in dreams at me to capture onto the page, sending me a spiritual counselor to see me through re-visiting trauma. And I thank the miracle of my first believers in my mission, and my current believers at BWS. Dianne, I bought The Secret. It is hard for me to change overnight, but I am using it as a guideline in 2007. Dianne, if you dreamed it, it will be so. I too see a collection of BWS like chicken soup for the soul! But please, let me wear ballerina flats when we are promoting our stories! Oh, we need more true stories of victims and how they overcame to become survivors. There's plenty of research and statistics. Let's be real!

#99209 - 12/21/06 03:35 PM Re: book on writing? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I believe with all my heart and soul that if you have a passion burning within to write about an experience that will help others, that passion was lit by God and was meant to be out in the world.

I too had help while writing. I would be pounding on the keyboard and have to pull away and ask, where did I learn that? It wasn't in therapy, it wasn't in any book I had read. It was kind of scary until I realized that each time before I sat down to write, I would pray and ask God to keep my ego out of the way and give me Divine Intervention. So, when it happened, I forgot what I had asked for. Duh.

Girl, your first book was wonderful. I know your next will be even better. I don't understand your ballerina flats statement.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#99210 - 12/22/06 08:22 PM Re: book on writing? [Re: Dianne]

Oh, the ballerina flats is that you wear heels, I wear flats. I used to wear heels to work in real estate and retail. Imagine wearing heels for 10-12 hours straight! Now I wear old lady shoes. Dianne, my experience was so similar to yours re: "where did that come from?" the phrase, the word, the knowledge. It came from divine intelligence! God using us as instruments, right?

#99211 - 12/22/06 09:26 PM Re: book on writing? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Yep, sure was. I have to be careful when asking Him to use me as an instrument to show His love because He takes me up on it. If I'm really tired, I don't ask for it.

I love how this works. The director of the shelter here, called me and told me about a woman who volunteers and is in the process of writing her book. And...she had just bought my book without knowing I was living here. Weird, huh? So, we're getting together after the holidays. I'm excited. And, I'm sure you love to help other women write their story too, just like me. It is never competition but a sharing to guide others along their journey.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#99212 - 12/23/06 06:41 PM Re: book on writing? [Re: Dianne]

Hi Dianne, in my post 103995 above I wrote "ever the victim." You know, I don't really perceive myself as a victim, but as a survivor and thriver. I was a victim, and a victim of my own learned helplessness, but you know I am empowered! Just a wee bit insecure, though, to be honest. But I walk around saying "I am secure in God's love." I don't think that others writing their stories is any form of competition. I believe in the notion that there is something for and from everyone, and enough to go around. That's wonderful how you two connected, and the buyer of your book did not even know you were in the area. Now she will get a signed copy from the one true Divine Dianne!

#99213 - 12/26/06 04:29 PM Re: book on writing? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I don't even like the word survivor anymore. It gives old what's his name too much power. Like I survived him. He's not even a part of the equation now.

I'm not meeting up with this gal until after the first of the year because we're traveling to AZ to thaw out.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#99214 - 12/26/06 05:30 PM Re: book on writing? [Re: Dianne]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Here is an update with some new info that I previously posted:

Author seeking contributors for book

Nancy Christie, author of The Gifts of Change (www.giftsofchange.com) is seeking contributors to her new book on change. Christie would like both personal stories that illustrate the theme of each chapter as well as experts in the field of change and personal development to provide their insights.

If you are interested in participating, send an e-mail to nancy@nancychristie.com. In the subject line, write “Source for SAY YES book" and in the message, include a few details about yourself: either about the change or challenge you have overcome (or are currently dealing with) or your professional background in the field of self-transformation and personal development.

Christie will add you to the source list and will periodically send e-mails regarding the topics she is exploring. (See http://www.communityofchange.com/html/shareyourstory.htm for details about current subjects) If your story becomes part of the book, your name and state will be included, you’ll receive a copy of the book, and the satisfaction in knowing that your experience has helped the readers move forward on their path!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#99215 - 12/26/06 11:52 PM Re: book on writing? [Re: Dianne]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dianne, that was my original dream, but I ended up with these awesome forums and an association thus far. Who knows what else will come?

I've also read On Writing and loved it. The end of the book, where he shows his editing, was so refreshing to see. Since reading that, I edit even more. I don't like his movies or other books, but I loved this one.

Dianne, what a small world that chatty should mention that book.

#99216 - 12/31/06 11:18 PM Re: book on writing?

Which book? Are you referring to Stephen King?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved