The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 108 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#99454 - 12/17/06 06:30 PM mall walking
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
About 15 years ago, a friend asked me is I thought we should walk at the mall during winter. I told her there was no way I'd walk at the mall. I loved being in the elements too much. We walked when the temps were in the teens and it was so invigorating.

I'm here to report that I've given in to mall walking. The outdoor elements just aren't doing it for me as much as they once did. The older I get, the less I like the cold.

How about you? Do you walk in or out in the winter?

#99455 - 12/17/06 06:56 PM Re: mall walking
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
It has been very warm here, for Minnesota. I am still walking outdoors. But, when (and it will) it gets colder, I have been known to mall walk.

#99456 - 12/17/06 07:07 PM Re: mall walking [Re: Anno]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
In the warmer weather we walk TO the mall (about a 10-minute walk), then walk around the mall to do all our errands, then walk home.

When the sidewalks are too icy to walk, we drive to the mall, then walk around for 1-2 hours 3-4 days a week.

I prefer walking outdoors, especially along the canal or waterfront, but it's usually too slippery here in the winter to walk outdoors safely.

(Maya Angelou)

#99457 - 12/17/06 08:30 PM Re: mall walking [Re: Eagle Heart]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I love walking outdoors in the cold. However, not when it rains! I went to the mall with a pedometer and discovered after a day's shopping that I had walked 8.2 miles. Not bad. I felt lighter both in body and wallet.

#99458 - 12/17/06 09:09 PM Re: mall walking [Re: Lola]
Cookie Offline

Loc: USA
I walk outdoors in the winter. I bundle up with layers of clothes. Some days, I have so many layers on I look & feel like a toddler in a snow suit...stiff arms and legs! I tried mall walking and I didn't really like it. I prefer the fresh air to the mall air.

#99459 - 12/17/06 09:31 PM Re: mall walking [Re: Cookie]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Oh, I love walking at the huge Ala Moana Mall just 2 blocks away.
Completely covering all four levels is a workout : )
Cindy

#99460 - 12/18/06 03:02 PM Re: mall walking [Re: diamond50]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I don't think I could get my heart rate up this way...I'd be stopping at every shoe store, window shopping!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#99461 - 12/19/06 10:57 PM Re: mall walking [Re: Dianne]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well my 2 frinds and I decided to go mall walking this morning, NOT...more like 'mall crawling,' the place was packed. People like ants were everywhere, pushing and shoving. We couldn't get out of there fast enough. Me being the catalog Queen, I forgot how insane the stores get around the holidays, phew!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#99462 - 12/20/06 03:34 AM Re: mall walking [Re: chatty lady]
dejavu Offline
journeyman

There are some pretty neighborhoods near mine that I'd love to walk through, for a change of pace. (I'm lucky in that my own neighborhood is nice for walking - level roads, not too much traffic, but only two streets so it gets a bit boring). But the problem is - just too far to walk to AND through them, but no place to park a car if I drive to them. I mean, I could park along the road, I suppose, but if some stranger parked their car along the curb outside your house, and then walking off, you might quesion it, right? So I end up doing my mile past the same old houses all the time. BORING.

#99463 - 12/20/06 08:38 AM Re: mall walking [Re: dejavu]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Do you have a small shopping center near your home with a super market? I have had great success parking way away from the store and walking across the parking lot, then along the sidewalk past the small shops and into the market. I walk all around the market, hit the John and then head back towards my car having walked for over an hour with none of the crowds...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved