Jane, you are so lucky to have had the chance to walk the beach. That's one of my dreams. I haven't done enough of it.

Hannelore, I love the idea of walking in other neighborhoods. My only issue is time. The mall is minutes away and my neighborhood is right outside my door. Duh! So that's why I use the routes I do. I'd love to have more time to venture into other areas. One of these days...

So many of us have so much in common...like weighing more than ever. That doesn't sound so good. We need to do something about that. Let's keep walking more and eating less.

I walked for an hour at the mall this morning. Before my injury I walked 15 minute miles for the most part. Not sure how far I'm walking in an hour now.

My friend and I noticed our eyes were watering. We figured it must be the forced air at the mall. Yuk. I hadn't seen her since before Christmas so it was good to get caught up. I don't think there was a moment of silence. We met 16 or 17 years ago when our kids were in nursery school together and have been dear friends since.