My nutritionist claims that walking is best. She may have just said that because she knows I'm not very athletic. Well, let me correct that: I'm not one bit athletic. But I'm really trying to do the 10,000 steps a day thing in order to give myself a goal. Otherwise, I might just slowly meander along--like Prissy did when Miss Scarlett sent her to fetch the doctor for Miss Melly in the movie, Gone With The Wind.

It is really difficult, though, to get all of those steps in. Especially with weather like we're having here in Connecticut today (below zero in March, of all things!).

But I bought a pedometer before Christmas and am really trying to keep to the program.

I have a funny story about the pedometer, though. I wear the thing all the time, and in December I had it on when I went to a local radio station to be interviewed about a project I'm involved with.

Well, before I went on the air, I naturally used the ladies' room. While I was in there, my pedometer detached from the waistband on my panty hose and ended up down in my underpants. I had no idea that had happened until I sat down in the on-air studio.

During the radio interview, I felt like I was laying an egg. It was most uncomfortable, to say the least. (I'm just glad it was television.)

I've since thrown that pedometer out and now have a new one.

In any event, I'm trying really hard to keep a sense of humor about my lack of athletic prowess as I continue to walk, walk and walk some more.

www.BaileyMcMillanPerfumes.Blogspot.com