Hi girlfriends, I miss you! I am still studying. But I thought I'd quickly share my first "interview" experience with you. More to follow when I can, PLI've got to get into the "game" again re: corporate world. I had an interview yesterday with a managing broker guy aged about 35, if that. I felt old and obsolete, and I did not sell myself well. I'm a touchy-feely warm fuzzy intuitive kind of girl and he was a data driven kind of guy. This $10 million producing (individual sales!) power broker asked me for my "business plan." What? My plan is to help people get into their dream houses one sale at a time. Or get out of their old houses one listing at a time. I did it before, when I was young and stupid, so I can do it again, and this time with the wisdom of "maturity" to guide me. He asked me what distinguishes me from the 3,800 other realtors in the Pikes Peak region. Hey, if I can survive all that I did, I can survive in the competition of real estate. After all, it isn't chemo-therapy!
Then, to make myself look really stupid, when the interview was over, I lost my car keys. It was dusk. I got to my car, couldn't find my keys, and dumped my entire purse on the front of my car. There I am searching through my wallet, tissues, lipstick, etc. thinking, "I hope this youngster doesn't see me and realize what an idiot I am!" Sure enough, he comes out, sees me, then asks if he could help. Oh well, I'm always good for showing that I'm only human! But I do have to get into the corporate mind set (and wardrobe) again.