A lot of "potions" and "lotions" probably have grapefruit in them--but we just don't aren't aware of all the product ingredients when we purchase these things. One perfume that Gabrielle recommended in an earlier post has a "profusion" of grapefruit (that's how its manufacturer describes it). Gabrielle said that she's worn Calyx for a long time and men seem to universally love it. Calyx is made by the Prescriptives brand.

It's funny, because lately in my artisan, natural perfume business, whenever I'm commissioned to create a signature perfume for someone--if I happen to casually mention the grapefruit research--my client must have that as one of ingredients in her signature scent.

Seems like there must be something to this research.

Not to get off topic, but many of the natural white flower scents that we love--such as jasmine--have a chemical in them called indole. Indole is also found in human feces. Yep. Believe it or not.

I have just always found these kinds of facts about natural scents to be so fascinating--especially when you consider that our sense of smell is 10,000x more powerful than our sense of taste.

www.BaileyMcMillanPerfumes.Blogspot.com