My states WCC site is out of service presently. This past Tuesday/Wednesday I was moving files and bottom line I(w/out going into the politices of it) no cart was available. I stopped moving files early Wednesday afternoon and my left foot began hurting. Thursday morning I could hardly walk and luckily the attorneys I work for were in a hearing, thus little up/down. The file room is located about 100 feet away and my attorneys have Large files involving much discovery! Anywho, Wednesday night while in class my left foot was throbbing and Friday morning it hurt. The employee manual says to report w/in 24 hours, yet I did not report until Friday morning via email to HR. HR filed my WCC w/out explaining the process and the insurance company provided a list of providers. I immediately made an appointment for 2:45. I arrived at Doctors Care and waited over 1.5 hours to be seen -- Doctors Care was awaiting authorization from my employer who relayed that it was a WCC (something I had already done) as the receptionist was unfamiliar with the process. Thus, due to the receptionist's lack of training and that I followed guidelines, I had to wait until 4:21 to see a doctor. X-rays were taken and it was determined that the foot was strained, no fracture, given a velcro boot, and instructions for 20 minutes on/off frozen peas/ice, and 3X daily 3 Advil. I was given a "Return to Work Form" and to return on Monday, 4/2/07. I had planned for vacation on that date and was driving to Georgia for the weekend for niece's birthday, yet have cancelled as I fell that all that activity (skating party, shopping, walking, etc.) involved with nieces would not benefit my foot. It simply would not be enjoyable.

Well, the insurance agency (Harleysville) stated that they authorized and would pay for the first visit, but needed a diagnoses/treatment sent from the doctor. The doctor's nurse refused! I asked her 2X to please fax the information (as I was instructed by my HR and insurance company) and also asked her to talk with either HR and/or Harleysville. She refused, threw up her hands, and was very rude and verbally abusive. So, after speaking several times w/ Harleysville and HR until 6:30 PM, we determined that this was very unusual. Now, I feel caught between b/c I'm following direct orders, my foot continues to hurt, and not certain if I will be allowed to see the doctor on Monday. I did a license look up for this Nurse, and none is listed.

I just feel awful b/c I was following procedures, and yet I'm certain HR thinks I'm a biotch b/c a few weeks ago I complained about someone taking my reserved parking space, about a receptionist, and about a co-worker I've problems w/ for over a year wherein she is constantly on smoke break and refused to take her phone calls while shopping online.

According to my state's law, no one can be fired for filing a WCC claim, yet if it is denied, I imagine one could. This is such a stressful job (yes, I'm looking), but working for a law firm (which is my field) stress comes with the territory. Although I work at a law firm, I really don't know much about WCC.