Quote:

Grab the old photo albums, your beverage of choice, turn off the TV - on some days gone by music from your dating & young married life and take a cruise back throuh your lives in pictures. Maybe after a refresher course in all you've been through - the wonderful times etc some old feelings and laughter will come back & inspire a venture back to do something you use to do before mid life dull droms took over. My husband & I went for a drive last fall in search of the resort we stayed at on our honeymoon at the lake. We found it and though it was now apartments. It really stired up a day of reminising & we realized we kinda liked our shared memories as well as our new found "comfortable" love.

We don't have any old photo albums and we never had a date or a honeymoon. We got married on a Friday and went back to work the following Monday. He had 2 children and I had one. We started the marriage with 3 kids and had the 4th two years later. We have never been alone together.

I have adorable lingerie. Like a chicken going to roost, he turns off the lights and goes to bed ever night at exactly 10PM. Cute undies are not helping and I can hardly parade around the house in some French maid costume, our 18 year old son lives here.

My husband works 6 days a week. Every Saturday morning at 8AM he gets up, takes a shower, and goes for breakfast with the aged geezers he works with from 8 to 5 Monday through Friday. We have Sunday morning.

I have talked to him, but he just doesn't get it. Then I get so frustrated and unhappy that I quit talking to him. That doesn't help either. Sometimes I feel like I wasted half my life in a marriage that's going to dribble away, now that it's too late to do it over again.