Dear Mrs. Madness,

When I read your first post, I started weeping. Because I understand - can truly empathize -- with every word, every lost dream -- every unmet human need you so touchingly expressed.

Because, my friend, I am there also. Here in the US, in Maryland, I am hurting just as you are.

I've had years of counseling for depression. But, I've had a breakthrough.

I am not angry. I am hurt. I am weeping for all of the years that I have given to a man who never says, "I love you," refuses to hold my hand, who never even pats me on the back.

Since his father died, the years ago, anything I did share with him has slowly faded away.

You see, he is an only child. He takes his mother to football games at Maryland University. They have season tickets.

He takes her down to her beach cottage approximately every other Sunday. I no longer go, because she rides in our backseat and I can no longer even look at her.

I am not mean to her, it's just that she took over my husband for the year after his father's death. And, over ten years later, they are the couple and I am the third party in the car.

I must continue on the next post. I will time out.

Love,
Emily in Maryland