Hannelore, sorry I am so late in jumping in to support you. I guess it's because I've always enjoyed reading the posts about you and your family gatherings, so I find this sorta sad. I hope you don't get upset with me but I have a few questions.

-What happened five years ago that made him change?

-Is that when you became totally independent with your own real estate business?

-Do you think he's jealous of your success?

-Did the kids leave five years ago?

-What happened to him around that time personally or professionally?

-Do you think he's depressed and needs counseling and/or medication?

You don't have to answer these questions for me. I just thougth I'd throw them out there because 31 years is a long time.

However, I don't believe you should be held prisoner in your own marriage. Since you were able to move so quickly, I imagine this has been simmering for a very long time.

Please keep us posted on how you continue to feel.

By the way, how is your mom feeling? I recall you had a scare before you went away.

Your observation of the couples and boomer women is very telling. I wish we could be there for you in person.

Feel love and warmth coming your way because it is. I beleive you are a strong woman with her head on straight. I have faith that you will do what is best.