Dotsie, I can imagine this being a surprise, because I never really wanted our marriage problems to be real. Not admitting to them to the world, except to Chatty, and later on to Celtic was like avoiding the first step to self realization.

My husband always had a problem with my family members. I don't know why. He just sees everything negative about them ( and when I tell you there is nothing negative, that is the truth.) I'm close to my Mom and my brother, but not abnormally close. Because of his attitude he forces me into a defensive stand, which he interperts as 'him against us'. Eeee this is sounding sick. Of course his attitude worsened when my mother's second husband died, and Mom moved down the street from us. Yes...that was about 5 years ago, so there is a connection.

Maybe he was jealous of my business at first, but then when he retired 6 years ago, he got involved with it, and we actually work well together. Sometimes I tell him I would like to quit and just pursue writing and painting...but he doesn't support me there. Although I got to admit, he may be right on that account.

One son left 10 years ago and the other 5 years ago. The difference is that he scolds me more now; ... since no one is there to witness.

No, he doesn't suffer under depression...but if he keeps this up with me...he'll probably trigger it in me. You know Dotsie, I can remember you wrote in one of your posts how much everyone loves your husband and that is why you love him so much. Exactly this is what I miss in my husband. I wish he were more American! I miss him giving big happy smiles, making people feel comfortable in his prescence....whatever...he has turned into an old fart when it comes to other people. Sorry, can't think of any other word.

My mother is in care at her home. She supports me however I decide without trying to influence me. She is so precious that way. Especially because she knows that Hubby can't stand her, and has often asked, "what have I done to him?"

Those were good questions Dotsie, and have helped me see clearly.
I'm doing okay. I have to drive home tonight, because I have a doctor's appointment in the morning. Oh boy...we'll see what happens.

If you don't hear from me soon, call the German police....No, I'm only kidding. Where is that high -pitched hysterical laugh coming from? I better get out of this computer cafe' before they throw me out.

Hugs and thank you's for caring.
Hannelore