Sorry, I'm so late piping up. I've been on my own roller coaster ride and I hate heights!!

Anyway, I had another thought immediately upon reading your original post. Maybe, he is terribly afraid of death. You know most men are told to look at a woman's mother and you will see your wife in twenty to thirty years.

Could it be he is terrified of losing you? Some men have an irrational fear of the elderly and dieing. Could it be that he sees your mother as you in 30 years and it the thought of it terrifies him?

My ex son in law was that way. He didnt' want my daughter to breast feed his son or other motherly things because he had been abandoned by three mothers in his life. First his biological mother, then a step mom then another step mom.

I applaud your bravery in leaving. I hope you come to the ultimate conclusion that will have the best long range outcome for you and your family.

My heart and thoughts are with you right now and I'm watching you and learning for myself also. Thanks for the inspiration. You deserve the very best life has to offer.